Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom just called me

Options
  • 27-07-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

a woman from eircom , i think her name was catherine called my home phone line just after 6pm
    she told me that eircom had some great new packages
    that my line would support 17meg broadband and would i be interested in returning to them
    i told her i would not, as eircom or their representitives had intentionally missled me about when broadband would be avaible in my area
    she said she was very sorry about that, i said it was not necesserally her fault, but that i had been missled, and further more that when i said this to eircom before , they told me that i was making it up, that i was a liar and that no such conversation ever took place
    she said again that she was sorry about what had happened previously but that with her i could "start a new page" ,
    i asked her was this conversation been recorded , as i would like those at higher levels to know my feelings
    SHE HUNG UP ,WITH ME IN MID SENTENCE
    new page same attitude

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭valm

Whatever you do under no circumstances entertain anyone from eircom. I left them and went to Perlico I was very happy. So same old same old call after call after call. I returned to them and got bills which were treble perlicos. When I rang I was told (three times) that I was not on a package I had to leave them for my sanity and before I needed to remortgage my house. Time went by and again I was conned. I showed interest in 8mg. Broadband and I am stuck with a bill for €504.79. A man called to my door and I insisted I would return to Perlico if my bills were high. He told me no problem just sign this. It was a contract and I am liable for cessation charges. Nowhere on the form does it say it is a contract it is called Eircom Order Summery Form – Winback that is what I signed. I might as well talk to the wall as talk to eircom. March bill 30.93 – April 100.06 – May 373.80. I offered to pay 193.48 not the 311.31 (cessation charges). I wrote to them and asked them to confirm in writing they refused this arrangement and needless to say I never got the letter.I can not stress how important it is to refuse eircom calls. I have it clear I am not to receive any calls from them again I asked for it in writing but I did not get it. I made the situation clear to their representative the day he called but I was still conned. STAY AWAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Fool me once shame on you ........ :rolleyes:

Eircom,NTL/UPC,Bord Gais,ESB,Sky they're all at it these days!

They all have a small army of representatives cold calling around the area at 8pm trying to entice you back to their service(s) or to switch to theirs and start saving almost instantly.

It's all a pile of horse$hit, you should go with the golden rule "if it sounds to good to be true,it usually is"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

neiphin wrote: »
    a woman from eircom , i think her name was catherine called my home phone line just after 6pm
    she told me that eircom had some great new packages
    that my line would support 17meg broadband and would i be interested in returning to them
    i told her i would not, as eircom or their representitives had intentionally missled me about when broadband would be avaible in my area
    she said she was very sorry about that, i said it was not necesserally her fault, but that i had been missled, and further more that when i said this to eircom before , they told me that i was making it up, that i was a liar and that no such conversation ever took place
    she said again that she was sorry about what had happened previously but that with her i could "start a new page" ,
    i asked her was this conversation been recorded , as i would like those at higher levels to know my feelings
    SHE HUNG UP ,WITH ME IN MID SENTENCE
    new page same attitude

Hi neiphin
    It appears that you were being perfectly civil and I apologise that any agent should have hung up on you. I can only imagine this was in error, as she too seemed to be apologising for previous error. If you wish me to have this investigated for you PM me your telephone num,ber and I can do this.
    I have noticed your other two posts also from last night and have responded to each of them.
    Tony

valm wrote: »
    Whatever you do under no circumstances entertain anyone from eircom. I left them and went to Perlico I was very happy. So same old same old call after call after call. I returned to them and got bills which were treble perlicos. When I rang I was told (three times) that I was not on a package I had to leave them for my sanity and before I needed to remortgage my house. Time went by and again I was conned. I showed interest in 8mg. Broadband and I am stuck with a bill for €504.79. A man called to my door and I insisted I would return to Perlico if my bills were high. He told me no problem just sign this. It was a contract and I am liable for cessation charges. Nowhere on the form does it say it is a contract it is called Eircom Order Summery Form – Winback that is what I signed. I might as well talk to the wall as talk to eircom. March bill 30.93 – April 100.06 – May 373.80. I offered to pay 193.48 not the 311.31 (cessation charges). I wrote to them and asked them to confirm in writing they refused this arrangement and needless to say I never got the letter.I can not stress how important it is to refuse eircom calls. I have it clear I am not to receive any calls from them again I asked for it in writing but I did not get it. I made the situation clear to their representative the day he called but I was still conned. STAY AWAY.
    Hi valm
    the amounts you quote do seem high. I can understand your frustration if sold a package you did not agree to. I can have this investigated for you and may be able to help sort this out. If you PM me your telephone number I will chase this immediately.
    Again my apologies that you were treated in this way and hope you do decide to alow us to investigate this matter for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

new page same attitude

:D well put...thankfully I decided to pull the package I signed up for before I got it due to complete lack of information on what I was actually getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Had an Eircom rep call to my door last week, once I showed him my Vodafone home phone and broadband package he said Eircom couldn't compete with the deal I had.
    One has to ask themselves why is it the likes of Vodafone can do better and cheaper deals when they are using and paying Eircom for the line and Eircom can't compete :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Hi neiphin
    It appears that you were being perfectly civil and I apologise that any agent should have hung up on you. I can only imagine this was in error, as she too seemed to be apologising for previous error. If you wish me to have this investigated for you PM me your telephone num,ber and I can do this.
    I have noticed your other two posts also from last night and have responded to each of them.
    Tony

and what would you intend to do for me ?
    all i want is a written apology, for been lied to and accused of telling misstruths, can you get that for me ?

and what would you intend to do for me ?
    all i want is a written apology, for been lied to and accused of telling misstruths, can you get that for me ?

Hi neiphin
    As stated in my previous post, My intention is to have this matter investigated and if facts support your claim I can see no reason why an apology would not be issue. If you wish to PM me I can look into this for you immediately.
    Regards
    Tony

Hi valm
    the amounts you quote do seem high. I can understand your frustration if sold a package you did not agree to. I can have this investigated for you and may be able to help sort this out. If you PM me your telephone number I will chase this immediately.
    Again my apologies that you were treated in this way and hope you do decide to alow us to investigate this matter for you.
    Tony
    Hi Tony, I'm not sure what PM means. I have been through the mill with Eircom and my problem is the con used to get me to sign a contract which was disguised as another document. I made it crystal clear to your representative Bill Brooks I would return to Perlico if I was not happy and he said "no problem just try Eircom". I should have been informed I was signing a contract or it should be clearly stated on the document that it is a contract. I have every intention of warning people on Facebook and Twitter to be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

i ve emailed eircom tony and another rep and still no reply. Please could someone get in contact me

• Advertisement

i ve emailed eircom tony and another rep and still no reply. Please could someone get in contact me

Hi niteclubbecks
    have received your PM now, we come onto Boards.ie at 11:00 so could not have picked this up any earlier.
    I imagine that the package you heard about is the 9 month free line trial. I am looking into this as I believe that it is offered by the agents on the street.
    Will post details soon.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The 9 month trial is for addresses who have had no eircom line for a year or more. It does not apply to current customers or those who did not cease a line a good while back.

Could you post in a product description here Tony....or do I have to ask eircom wholesale for everything that CS should be able to answer ????

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The 9 month trial is for addresses who have had no eircom line for a year or more. It does not apply to current customers or those who did not cease a line a good while back.

Could you post in a product description here Tony....or do I have to ask eircom wholesale for everything that CS should be able to answer ????
    Hi SpongeBob
    This is the reason I asked for more info, to determine what offer may have been made. This allows me to be accurate rather than providing a general answer.
    This customer specifically requested we email him the information and until your own 'demand' no request had been made for a product description.
    Even on an open forum there are certain codes of conduct, please try to work within these especially when responding to or using other posters post to prove your own obvious biases.
    So now that a request has been made, what product description would you like me to post?
    Tony
    Tony

Hi Tony, I'm not sure what PM means. I have been through the mill with Eircom and my problem is the con used to get me to sign a contract which was disguised as another document. I made it crystal clear to your representative Bill Brooks I would return to Perlico if I was not happy and he said "no problem just try Eircom". I should have been informed I was signing a contract or it should be clearly stated on the document that it is a contract. I have every intention of warning people on Facebook and Twitter to be careful.

Just dawned on me PM private message, can you send me one and I will reply. I have not used PM on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Click on Eircom: Tony 's name in red and you will see what to do.

mickzer.

Hi neiphin
    As stated in my previous post, My intention is to have this matter investigated and if facts support your claim I can see no reason why an apology would not be issue. If you wish to PM me I can look into this for you immediately.
    Regards
    Tony

are you saying i am lying ?
    been down that road with eircom before,

are you saying i am lying ?
    been down that road with eircom before,

Hi neiphin
    I made no mention of anyone having lied. I volunteered to have your case investigated and would be able to act for you only when I had gathered the facts surrounding this issue. I accept your initial claim as a valid complaint and am offering to get to the bottom of it for you, but I would need your tel. number or account number and if you did manage to get any names of those whom you have dealth with that would also help. Hope this clarifies my post.
    Tony

Hi valm
    I have received this now and will be back to you later today.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and your product description ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Sponge Bob has been banned for 3 days for his personal abuse of Tony.

We do not tolerate personal abuse of anyone here on Boards, if you cannot be civil then you will not be allowed to post here anymore.

Neiphin: Tony is not accusing you of anything, if that's how you're choosing to interpret his request for more information so he can get you a specific answer rather than a potentially unhelpful general answer, then that's your issue. I think it's pretty clear he's trying to make sure you get a proper answer in the face of what is little more than a poor attitude from someone who seems to be more interested in ranting about their dissatisfaction with the company rather than looking for actual answers. Tone it down and be constructive and you'll get a lot further with your query.

• Advertisement

Hi Sponge Bob
    this is the information on the trial offer I mentioned

This promotion is for residential customers premises where there is an inactive line in place, and that has been inactive prior to 31st May2011.

Line Promotion
    1. The retail offer will be € 20 off line rental per month x 6 months for customers who avail of Broadband, and € 10 per month off line rental x 6 months for customers who avail of voice only
    2. The promotion runs from the 11th of July until 10th January 2012

Total discount for customers who take broadband will be €20.00 x 6 = €120.00.
    Customers who take voice only (no broadband) will receive ‘€ 10.00 off line rental for 6 months.
    Hope this is the product you had in mind.
    Tony

Hi valm

Have PM'd you my email address but did not receive the details yet. Did you get mt PM?
    Tony

Dav wrote: »
    Neiphin:
    Tony is not accusing you of anything, if that's how you're choosing to interpret his request for more information so he can get you a specific answer rather than a potentially unhelpful general answer, then that's your issue. I think it's pretty clear he's trying to make sure you get a proper answer

dav,
    tony, do you think i keep all those times and dates ?, i did for a while, but i left eircom 2 years ago, promising myself never to go back
    thats why i was annoyed that they had the neck to ring me
    i had discussions with them before before i left, before broadband came to where i live
    broadband arrived here end june begining july 09,
    3 weeks before that i went into eircom office in ballina (walked in , gaste open) extreamly ignorant man told me eircom would not be upgrading local exchange,
    3 years before that eircom told me on phone that the local exchange was on a list to be upgraded in 6-9 months ring back in 7 or 8, 7 or 8 months latertold it would be 6 months spring / summer, then end summer, then early spring , you see where this is going
    but i said hold on there horse, i was told a while back it would be here in the spring, nope, who told you that, dunno some guy at this number, no one here said that, yes they did, no the didnt, so on, so on,
    i was told broadband would be here a year ago, no you were not
    we dont have that information to hand , its on a list that we dont have access too,
    and so it went
    now do you expect me to believe a word fgrom eircom

dav,
    tony, do you think i keep all those times and dates ?, i did for a while, but i left eircom 2 years ago, promising myself never to go back
    thats why i was annoyed that they had the neck to ring me
    i had discussions with them before before i left, before broadband came to where i live
    broadband arrived here end june begining july 09,
    3 weeks before that i went into eircom office in ballina (walked in , gaste open) extreamly ignorant man told me eircom would not be upgrading local exchange,
    3 years before that eircom told me on phone that the local exchange was on a list to be upgraded in 6-9 months ring back in 7 or 8, 7 or 8 months latertold it would be 6 months spring / summer, then end summer, then early spring , you see where this is going
    but i said hold on there horse, i was told a while back it would be here in the spring, nope, who told you that, dunno some guy at this number, no one here said that, yes they did, no the didnt, so on, so on,
    i was told broadband would be here a year ago, no you were not
    we dont have that information to hand , its on a list that we dont have access too,
    and so it went
    now do you expect me to believe a word fgrom eircom

Hi neiphin
    given that you appear to have been advised of incorrect dates, availability and mis-information I understand your frustration completely and again offer my apologies that you should have been dealth with in this way. I suppose there is not much I can do at this stage, but should you ever have any query or need any information post me here and I promise I will do my best to get this for you. If you wish to PM me your telephone number I can ensure you do not receive any more calls from eircom.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Problem is eircom reps going around signing people up to products that are not available in the area. Then leaving the customer with the head ache of trying to deal with call centres and automated answering services, which is very fustrating for customers afer being promised the service is there. Now eircom are entering the tv market to compete with UPC and Sky. After treating customers in the manner inwhich eircom have. You need to sort out your reps and people dealing with customers. I've had the same experience as other poster and won't ever buy another product off eircom.

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    Problem is eircom reps going around signing people up to products that are not available in the area. Then leaving the customer with the head ache of trying to deal with call centres and automated answering services, which is very fustrating for customers afer being promised the service is there. Now eircom are entering the tv market to compete with UPC and Sky. After treating customers in the manner inwhich eircom have. You need to sort out your reps and people dealing with customers. I've had the same experience as other poster and won't ever buy another product off eircom.
    Hi stee.mc79
    again sorry that you should experience this from any eircom rep. Any rep found to mis-represent either the company or product will be seriously repremanded. While I agree that it can be frustrating to deal with call centres we will do our best to pursue any issue brought to our attention. If there is any way I can help in your own situation just PM me the details and I can follow up your case.
    Regards
    Tony

. Any rep found to mis-represent either the company or product will be seriously repremanded.
    Tony
    how many if any reps have been repremanded in the last 3 years ?
    what exactly do you mean by been repremanded ?

but should you ever have any query or need any information post me here and I promise I will do my best to get this for you.
    If you wish to PM me your telephone number I can ensure you do not receive any more calls from eircom.
    Tony

the shares that i brought for my daughter with her communion money,
    i never signed anything for them after i bought them in the origional ipo
    where are they gone ?

how many if any reps have been repremanded in the last 3 years ?
    what exactly do you mean by been repremanded ?

Sorry neiphin, I do not have that information and would as unlikely as any organisation to divulge this sort of information. But reprimanded for as serious an issue as deliberately misrepresenting a product or package could result in dismissal.
    As for your post regarding shares you bought over over 10years ago I have no information at all.
    As you have already been advised please keep your queries on topic or at least relevant. I have offered to answer any pertinent queries but will not be responding to further attempts to promote bad feelings or settle old scores.
    Regards
    Tony

• Advertisement

,but should you ever have any query or need any information post me here and I promise I will do my best to get this for you.
    Tony
    But reprimanded for as serious an issue as deliberately misrepresenting a product or package could result in dismissal.
    As for your post regarding shares you bought over over 10years ago I have no information at all.
    As you have already been advised please keep your queries on topic or at least relevant. I have offered to answer any pertinent queries but will not be responding to further attempts to promote bad feelings or settle old scores.
    Regards
    Tony
    somethings never change
    11 minutes from when i posted to when you replied, you really bust yourself looking for that info

Advertisement