Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom just called me

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hi Sponge Bob
    this is the information on the trial offer I mentioned

This promotion is for residential customers premises where there is an inactive line in place, and that has been inactive prior to 31st May2011.

Line Promotion
    1. The retail offer will be € 20 off line rental per month x 6 months for customers who avail of Broadband, and € 10 per month off line rental x 6 months for customers who avail of voice only
    I understand the current offer is €20.96+Vat for customers who take broadband and for 9 months and €10.48+Vat for customers who take telephony only and for 9 months.

I refer to the PSTN TRIAL LINE promotion, can you check that again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I understand the current offer is €20.96+Vat for customers who take broadband and for 9 months and €10.48+Vat for customers who take telephony only and for 9 months.

I refer to the PSTN TRIAL LINE promotion, can you check that again!

Hi Sponge Bob
    In an effort to cover all promotions this link offers details all recent current eircom product promotions.
    This site includes details on the previous PSTN TRIAL LINE promotion which has been superceeded by the one I mentioned in my previous post.

This current Trial line promotion launched on July 11th 2011 and valid until 10th January 2012 has been confirmed by Retail Sales section.
    Hope this answers your query
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

EIRCOM last night refused to comment on reports it could seek an examinership if efforts to find an agreed solution to its debt crisis fail.
    It comes after a report on the news service Capital Structure that said Eircom was "assessing the pros and cons of an examinership" if talks with lenders owed €3.75bn fail to come up with a plan for the company.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/eircom-tightlipped-over-report-it-may-opt-for-examinership-2840548.html
    tony can you tell me whats going on with the above ?

SUBSCRIBER numbers at TV, broadband and telephony provider UPC Ireland jumped 11pc year-on-year to nearly 827,000 during the last quarter as the company aggressively competed with rivals including Eircom.
    Figures released by the company yesterday show that at the end of the second quarter in June, UPC had almost 225,000 broadband customers -- up 32pc on the corresponding period last year.
    The number of subscribers to its telephony service rose 56pc to 121,200, while subscriptions to its digital TV service were 5pc higher at 384,600.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/upc-subscribers-up-by-11pc-2839240.html
    is this why eircon are calling around ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hi Sponge Bob
    In an effort to cover all promotions this link offers details all recent current eircom product promotions.
    This site includes details on the previous PSTN TRIAL LINE promotion which has been superceeded by the one I mentioned in my previous post.
    OK
    This current Trial line promotion launched on July 11th 2011 and valid until 10th January 2012 has been confirmed by Retail Sales section.
    Hope this answers your query
    Tony
    But the published offer should always take precedence over hidden special offers tony, shouldn't it.

Furthermore no notice was given of a change to the published offer, these are supposed to be changed only after 21 days notice is given.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jar18

when i was an eircom customer the phone was off for five days. on the fifth day i rang the repair line again, when i asked the man his name he said " my name , my name is mr goodbye" then he hung up. i then phoned the head office. they said they would look into it as every call is recorded. im still waiting for them to get back to me . and that was a few yrs ago. stay clear of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

neiphin wrote: »
    EIRCOM last night refused to comment on reports it could seek an examinership if efforts to find an agreed solution to its debt crisis fail.
    It comes after a report on the news service Capital Structure that said Eircom was "assessing the pros and cons of an examinership" if talks with lenders owed €3.75bn fail to come up with a plan for the company.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/eircom-tightlipped-over-report-it-may-opt-for-examinership-2840548.html
    tony can you tell me whats going on with the above ?

What does this have to do with the thread title? :confused:

The clue is in what you quoted: "eircom refused to comment".

If they don't want to discuss it in the media as is their right as a private company, then they'll hardly discuss it with you on boards. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

[QUOTE=eircom: Tony;73633972}, but should you ever have any query or need any information post me here and I promise I will do my best to get this for you.
    Tony[/QUOTE]
    What does this have to do with the thread title? :confused:

The clue is in what you quoted: "eircom refused to comment".

If they don't want to discuss it in the media as is their right as a private company, then they'll hardly discuss it with you on boards. :rolleyes:

my new mate tony, said and i quoted him,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

There are strict quidelines about when and how often a telecommunications company can phone you to try and win you back.

I believe these were implemented because Eircom harrassed anyone who left their network, me included, with ceaseless phone calls.

If you are receiving phone calls from Eircom, note the dates and times and complain to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Mods. I think that neiphin has his own agenda and has made his position and opinion of eircom abundantly clear. It is my opinion that this thread should be closed

neiphin wrote: »
    my new mate tony, said and i quoted him,

Hi neiphin
    no you are quite correct, however this is a customer service forum, the question you pose would be more correctly adressed to our Press Office. I have no access to this information and would have to agree with ninjasurfer1.
    Information of this kind would normally be released through the appropriate channels.
    I think you have proven your animosity on this thread and over countless posts on other threads. You have already been advised by Boards.ie moderator to tone down your approach and that you'll get a lot further with your query. I do not wish to close any thread here, ( as has been suggested) we have never had to do so before, but you are straying from the original topic.
    As you have continued to refuse my offer to have your past issues investigated I can do no more for you. If you continue to post random and agressive posts we will have to request that you are barred from this forum.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    OK

But the published offer should always take precedence over hidden special offers tony, shouldn't it.

Furthermore no notice was given of a change to the published offer, these are supposed to be changed only after 21 days notice is given.

Hi Sponge Bob,

I am unsure what you mean by hidden special offer? As you outlined eircom have to give 21 days when introducing or amending an offer.

Notification and regulations' were followed in full redarding the change to both the PSTN and broadband trial line promotions.

Thanks, Mark

MajorMax wrote: »
    Mods. I think that neiphin has his own agenda and has made his position and opinion of eircom abundantly clear. It is my opinion that this thread should be closed
    Hi MajorMax
    Thanks for your suggestion, as this thread is still active with other posters we have decided to allow it to remain open. Yes it has gone off topic a few times but we prefer not to have to close threads unless absolutely necessary.
    I have posted neiphin and hope that he can constructively contribute.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭valm

valm wrote: »
    Whatever you do under no circumstances entertain anyone from eircom. I left them and went to Perlico I was very happy. So same old same old call after call after call. I returned to them and got bills which were treble perlicos. When I rang I was told (three times) that I was not on a package I had to leave them for my sanity and before I needed to remortgage my house. Time went by and again I was conned. I showed interest in 8mg. Broadband and I am stuck with a bill for €504.79. A man called to my door and I insisted I would return to Perlico if my bills were high. He told me no problem just sign this. It was a contract and I am liable for cessation charges. Nowhere on the form does it say it is a contract it is called Eircom Order Summery Form – Winback that is what I signed. I might as well talk to the wall as talk to eircom. March bill 30.93 – April 100.06 – May 373.80. I offered to pay 193.48 not the 311.31 (cessation charges). I wrote to them and asked them to confirm in writing they refused this arrangement and needless to say I never got the letter.I can not stress how important it is to refuse eircom calls. I have it clear I am not to receive any calls from them again I asked for it in writing but I did not get it. I made the situation clear to their representative the day he called but I was still conned. STAY AWAY.

Since I posted this comment on Boards Tony from Eircom contacted me and I am delighted to announce to all my problem has been resolved to our mutual satisfaction. Thank you Boards for the opportunity to air my opinion and thank you Tony for your help. I am completely satisfied with the outcome.

Advertisement