Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Service from Athlone Town to Ericsson

Options
  • 27-07-2011 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all

I have the possibility of a job offer in Ericsson in Athlone. Unfortunately I don't drive and I was wondering does anyone know if there is a bus service either private or public that serves the Ericsson Campus from Athlone town. (or is not driving a bit of a no no for this?)

thanks a lot in advance

GiGi
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

There is. If ya get the job, they'll tell ya all about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

This one goes close to Ericssons drops off at Graycastle it about half a kilometer walk from the bus stop to Ericssons

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202228324-Athln459A.pdf

Ericsson have a private bus too that picks up in town and drops people at the campus door in the mornings, and collects them in the evening

WOW look at this Roosterman71 decided to spill about "secret" bus i wasn't sure if the ledgens were true, i just heard rumors.

WOW look at this Roosterman71 decided to spill about "secret" bus i wasn't sure if the legends were true, i just heard rumors.

• Advertisement

WOW look at this Roosterman71 decided to spill about "secret" bus i wasn't sure if the ledgens were true, i just heard rumors.

Who mentioned a secret bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gigi66

Thanks all who responded, especially RoosterMan & the 'not so secret' bus. Didn't want to be sitting in front of an interviewer while we all discovered that even my best talents don't make up for the fact that I can't actually get there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 javarlz

Good thread, gigi :)

Sorry if i'm late here, but i am wondering if there are people that bike to Ericsson, would anyone know?

Because I'm renting a place 21 minutes walk from Ericsson (according to Google maps directions :) ) and thought that by bike it should be around 10 minutes... not bad.

I know that with the rain and cold it can be tough, but I used to bike to work in Amsterdam and the weather there was pretty bad as well... no big deal for me.

I would have to bike from the roundabout (between Ballymahon Rd and Brawney Rd) until there... would anyone have any tip for me? Like if that's possible or not recommended etc?

Cheers guys!

Thats a good road well lit and good road markings i think it's a 60kph zone as well so i'd have no dramas biking it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I used to live in monkland and I biked[bicycled] into Ericsson.
    Took the N6 and it was fine, took about 15 minutes.I was coming back form Galway at the weekend and I wouldn't fancy being on a bike on the N6 at the minute, the lanes are very narrow with the roadworks.
    There are showers in there, but you don't sound like you are cycling too far.
    I think I was the only who used the showers when I was in there.

javarlz wrote: »
    Good thread, gigi :)

Sorry if i'm late here, but i am wondering if there are people that bike to Ericsson, would anyone know?

Because I'm renting a place 21 minutes walk from Ericsson (according to Google maps directions :) ) and thought that by bike it should be around 10 minutes... not bad.

I know that with the rain and cold it can be tough, but I used to bike to work in Amsterdam and the weather there was pretty bad as well... no big deal for me.

I would have to bike from the roundabout (between Ballymahon Rd and Brawney Rd) until there... would anyone have any tip for me? Like if that's possible or not recommended etc?

Cheers guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 newtoathlone

hey there,
    if you get the job have you a place to live?? I am looking for somebody to go house hunting with as i have recently got job in athlone also, i'm 30 yr old male looking to live with either males or females

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Good to see so many people coming to Athlone.

It's a great spot!

Who mentioned a secret bus?

Yeah, i completely misread your post i withdraw my comments

hey there,
    if you get the job have you a place to live?? I am looking for somebody to go house hunting with as i have recently got job in athlone also, i'm 30 yr old male looking to live with either males or females

Not yet! Lets not count chickens before hatched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sintaxerror

gigi66 wrote: »
    Hi all

I have the possibility of a job offer in Ericsson in Athlone. Unfortunately I don't drive and I was wondering does anyone know if there is a bus service either private or public that serves the Ericsson Campus from Athlone town. (or is not driving a bit of a no no for this?)

thanks a lot in advance

GiGi

Hi Gigi66

as Roosterman71 told you, there is a private bus that every morning picks up people and brings them in Ericsson.
    The timetable is:
    every morning in front of Golden Island at 08.15 , 08.45 and 09.15
    It departs in the afternoon / evening at 04.30, 05.30 and 06

It cost just 1 euro each way.

PS: are you italian?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 javarlz

Hi Gigi66

as Roosterman71 told you, there is a private bus that every morning picks up people and brings them in Ericsson.
    The timetable is:

DO you know if the bus has intermediate stops between Golden Island and Ericsson?

Thank you!

javarlz wrote: »
    DO you know if the bus has intermediate stops between Golden Island and Ericsson?

Thank you!

Yes, one in front of Kentucky Fried Chicken and another in front of AIT (Athlone Institute of Technology).

Hi Gigi66

The timetable is:

Ha ha :D not Italian - u're 2nd person to ask that - popular nationality - must be their amazing personalities ;)
    Thanks for the info. That's really useful to know.

gigi66 wrote: »
    Ha ha :D not Italian - u're 2nd person to ask that - popular nationality - must be their amazing personalities ;)
    Thanks for the info. That's really useful to know.

eheh I asked you because "gigi" in italy is a way to make shorter the name "luigi". :)
    nice helping you.. good luck with the new job and see you in Ericsson :)

Advertisement