Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy Sky HD Box

• 27-07-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

Hi

Quick Question

Have Sky and was wondering

If I buy a Sky HD box 2nd hand, can and will Sky Map my card to the new box?

Would be interested in looking a free HD channels

Any help appreciated

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hi

Quick Question

Any help appreciated

Yes Sky will marry your card and you can view FTA hd channels BBC HD and ITV HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hi

Quick Question

Any help appreciated
    Unless I've misread your post, you don't need a card in the 2nd box to pick up the UK HD channels. You'll be able to tune them in (all 2 of them!) via the ''add channels'' route. You won't be able to tune in BBC1 HD though, and you the same applies to Ch4 HD and Five HD. You should only need the card in the second box if you are a subscriber and you want to be able to view them through the second box. Or am I totally wrong here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

My current Sky+ box is acting up, so was looking at purchasing 2nd hand Sky HD box to replace it.

I also read here somewhere that if I do get Sky to marry my card to the replacement box, that Sky Anytime wont work ...is that correct?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Hi

My current Sky+ box is acting up, so was looking at purchasing 2nd hand Sky HD box to replace it.

I also read here somewhere that if I do get Sky to marry my card to the replacement box, that Sky Anytime wont work ...is that correct?

It will work, just most of the content will be in hd so if you dont have a hd subscription then you wont be able to access it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement