Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way into Sandyford Industrial Park

• 27-07-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am just looking at a map here for Sandyford Industrial Park.
    I note there ar several entrances into it:
    1. Burton Hall
    2. Blackthorn Road
    3. Ballymoss Road

Where the biggest bottleneck and what's the best way to enter it if you are coming from DNS?

I presumet exit Junction 14, take the Leopardstown Road amd then Burton Hall.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes yes and yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You could also take the Ballinteer Exit off the M50 (presuming you're travelling south on the M50) and then take the third exit off the roundabout which brings you onto College Park Way (runs paralell to the M50). Keep left as there is a slip road which brings you around to the Beacon Hotel cross roads, where you're looking to turn right onto Blackthorn Drive and right again to Blackthorn Road.

I'd say this is slightly better as any time I'm travelling towards the Ind Estate, I come off J13 heading north and when I pass over the M50, there's nearly always a big tailback on the southbound carriageway for J14.

If you're going to be doing it on a regular basis, I'd suggest trying both suggestions out!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Depends on the time of day and if the schools are off. At the moment, J14 is great, not a problem. Come Sept-May you can be waiting 15-20 mins just to clear the off ramp. Try a few different routes until you find your preference.

Advertisement