Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Documentaries

Options
  • 23-04-2009 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else heard anything about this?

Looks good, kinda like beyond the mat part two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodstained_Memoirs

Its been in production since 2005 and when i heard about it last year i looked it up but it might seem to be actually close to getting released at last.

But either way, heres a clip:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I can imagine there'll be a few new members to the "future endeavours" club if that gets out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

going by wiki:
    The documentary is notable for several reasons. The complete line up of internationally recognised wrestlers involved are Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Mick Foley, Keiji Mutoh, Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, Último Dragón, Christian Cage, Molly Holly and Christy Hemme. It also features footage of Tommy Dreamer, Heidenreich, Orlando Jordan, Juventud Guerrera, Rikishi, Matt Morgan and others.[2][3][4][5] [6]
    Al Snow was the last wrestler to sign up for the documentary. He will be giving personal introductions to his fellow wrestlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'm gonna add Molly Holly to the list of people I'd pretend to be single for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the more i here from Molly the more i like her, she really talks sense imo.

That looks great but id have to agree with SR on the possible fallout dependant on who else is in and talked about in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I can imagine there'll be a few new members to the "future endeavours" club if that gets out.

Why? There are only 3 from that list actively employed by WWE, and i don't think they really care about Dreamer.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Why? There are only 3 from that list actively employed by WWE, and i don't think they really care about Dreamer.

Count again, there's more than three.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I got 5 maybe 6?

Count again, there's more than three.

I don't think Piper and Snuka count as being actively employed though. Apart from that i can't see any more.

I don't think Piper and Snuka count as being actively employed though. Apart from that i can't see any more.

They are though, regardless if you count them or not.

They are though, regardless if you count them or not.

Well they are on legends contracts as far as i know... not really actively employed. Doubt if the 'E would take as tough a stance on them as some other "superstars."

• Advertisement

Well they are on legends contracts as far as i know... not really actively employed. Doubt if the 'E would take as tough a stance on them as some other "superstars."

With the economic climate the state it's in, Vince will use any reason to fire someone. We're talking about the same guy who fired Dawn Marie while pregnant a couple of month after he assured her he'd take care of her. :)

With the economic climate the state it's in, Vince will use any reason to fire someone. We're talking about the same guy who fired Dawn Marie while pregnant a couple of month after he assured her he'd take care of her. :)

Maybe i'm mixing a storyline up with real life, but was vince ever rumoured to be the father of her child?

Maybe i'm mixing a storyline up with real life, but was vince ever rumoured to be the father of her child?

I've heard that about Angle alright, but not Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Stumbled across the myspace page for this a few months ago (click). Seems Bret was supposed to feature as well but it didn't happen in the end (you can read the looong statement on the myspace as to why).

Yeah, i remember this was posted up here back in December just before I got my months banning. Original discussion thread regarding that Bret statement can be read here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055447962

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm in the mood to watch a few wrestling documentaries at the moment and was wondering what are peoples favourites and recommendations?

Beyond the Mat is of course one of the best out there. I also really enjoyed the Rise & Fall of ECW, probably my favourite WWE produced documentary, must rewatch it soon.

One that I'd recommend is the Sick Nick Mondo CZW one, I wasn't sure what to expect or if I'd enjoy it but it gave a really good insight into his life and reasons why he got into wrestling, particularly working the "Ultraviolent" style.

Came across one called Hard Knocks today aswell, featuring CM Punk and a few others, anyone ever see it? Is it worth a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm sure you've seen Bret Hart's "Wrestling with Shadows", it's a fantastic documentary on the MSJ.

Jericho's newest DVD is brilliant; one of the real world-travelled wrestlers.

The Mania of Wrestlemania (WMXX companion DVD) is a fantastic insight to the real backstage drama of WMXIX; and The True Story of WrestleMania are both great watches (although not entirely historically accurate lol).

Of course Rise & Fall of WCW is an entertaining watch (ditto with accuracy lol). If you're into old-school, i really enjoyed The World Class and AWA documentaries.

Kayfabe is a great outsider mockumentary; definitely recommend.

HILARIOUS biased burial of the Warrior in the Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior. It's so funny how petty WWE are. Of course it's a load of toss; but u can be entertained by it.

I'll add this thread to the DVD thread when the discussion has died down :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Heroes of World Class

Wrestling Road Diaries

Are both utterly great.

+1 on Rise & Fall of ECW. I like the WWE Pillman DVD taped around the same time it is a lot more independent than later WWE docs.

Beyond the Mat and Wrestling with Shadows are required viewing for any fan if a little old hat.

Also the film The Wrestler. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm sure you've seen Bret Hart's "Wrestling with Shadows", it's a fantastic documentary on the MSJ.
    Il second that very good watch!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    Wrestling Road Diaries

how did i forget that! to be perfectly honest i never liked colt cabana. I've seen him wrestle live, hated his comedy routine and lack of wrestling. but listening to his podcast and seeing this documentary i've turned around. He's a genuine nice, funny guy that absolutely loves wrestling. he gets wrestling. Great documentary.

• Advertisement

Jericho's newest DVD is brilliant; one of the real world-travelled wrestlers.

The Mania of Wrestlemania (WMXX companion DVD) is a fantastic insight to the real backstage drama of WMXIX; and The True Story of WrestleMania are both great watches (although not entirely historically accurate lol).

Kayfabe is a great outsider mockumentary; definitely recommend.

HILARIOUS biased burial of the Warrior in the Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior. It's so funny how petty WWE are. Of course it's a load of toss; but u can be entertained by it.

Great picks I wish I didnt make my post so quickly.

Jericho's is a great companion to his two books & the Wrestling Observer bio Meltzer did before it was released.

The Mania docs are indeed great. Mania of Wrestlemania is such a trip as the experiences seen in the doc had a profound effect on top Wrestlers & the company overall - Rock leaving for Hollywood proper, Angle breaking down, Austin's body giving out and Lesnar thinking maybe this isnt for me. Didnt have high hopes for the latest Wrestlemania DVD but it exceeded my expectations and had a great array of talking heads.

I am one of the few people who bought Kayfabe it seems. GENUINELY legitimately funny and has a lot of charm. Totally forgot it existed until this post.

Mad lolz what else is there to be said about the Warrior DVD. Jim must have gotten to Vince something fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Forever Hardcore produced by Jeremy Borash is a great companion piece to go with The Rise and Fall of ECW.

how did i forget that! to be perfectly honest i never liked colt cabana. I've seen him wrestle live, hated his comedy routine and lack of wrestling. but listening to his podcast and seeing this documentary i've turned around. He's a genuine nice, funny guy that absolutely loves wrestling. he gets wrestling. Great documentary.

Some people said it should have been edited to be tighter but I think would have really hurt what they were going for - that the road is pretty mundane. What can you say about Danielson super likable guy and a very interesting subject.

Danielson's "com ce com ca" attitude being prevented from signing with WWE is quite the contrast Bret's obsession with the title and losing in his home country. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I quite liked Forever Hardcore as well. Its lack of footage hurts it but i think its required viewing if you watched and love Rise And Fall of ECW.

The Louis Theroux weird weekend one is ok. Extremely dated mind.

Cant think of anything else right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Forever Hardcore produced by Jeremy Borash is a great companion piece to go with The Rise and Fall of ECW.

Was that the one where Sabu actually speaks? Enjoyed that one alright.

I also watched one way back on a grainy VHS about the Funk Conservatory wrestling school. Unremarkable for the most part except for the last 5 minutes where Dory demonstrates how to blade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've seen Forever Hardcore aswell and agree the lack of footage hurt it but it was interesting none the less.

I only watched the Mania of Wrestlemania a month or two ago and thought it was great, the way some of it was shot was really interesting and made me wish all wrestling was shot like that!

To my shame I've never seen Wrestling with Shadows so that will be top of the list, I have "The Backyard" on DVD too but it's still in the shrink wrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Don't know whether to put this here or in the dvd thread but there is a wwe dvd on Bret & Hbk coming out in October.9 Hours long that could be real good if they discuss the entire relationship honestly.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Update_On_The_Shawn_Michaels_vs._Bret_Hart_DV.php

I have "The Backyard" on DVD too but it's still in the shrink wrap.

More of a guilty pleasure than anything.

Listen to this after watching to catch up with the characters in it:

http://mikeandtompresent.com/2011/06/10/four-post-massacre-the-backyard/

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

What ever you hear . don't watch Bloodstained Memoirs ...It's muck

• Advertisement

-Kenny- wrote: »
    What ever you hear . don't watch Bloodstained Memoirs ...It's muck

I hate this form of Wrestling "Documentaries" just a random collection of interview clips with zero narrative or structure.

See (actually dont): 101 Reasons Not to be a Pro Wrestler

Advertisement