Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions? Cube agree Gtc Race 2011

• 27-07-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I've been searching around for a few weeks now, and I've mostly made my mind to upgrade to the Cube agree gtc race. Does anyone have this bike? Could you give me any opinions?
    Thanks in advance :)
    P.s Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭dare2be

I've been searching around for a few weeks now, and I've mostly made my mind to upgrade to the Cube agree gtc race. Does anyone have this bike? Could you give me any opinions?
    Thanks in advance :)
    P.s Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times before.

I have one since March. Absolutely love it. A lot of people have commented on
    It at races etc. Great looking, good handling and value for money.

Buy it. You won't be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

dare2be wrote: »
    I have one since March. Absolutely love it. A lot of people have commented on
    It at races etc. Great looking, good handling and value for money.

Buy it. You won't be disappointed

Thanks very much for the speedy reply! :)
    I am gaining the impression from reviews that it is quite a good bike. Once again, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

How much would you be getting it for? There is some sweet bike pricing going on over on Planet X at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Lemag wrote: »
    How much would you be getting it for? There is some sweet bike pricing going on over on Planet X at the moment.

1950 is the best deal i'm getting, A lot of money. but the best price i could find for that bike new!
    And what would the planet x bikes be like as against the cube?

PX vs Cube - I don't know. I've been on a PX and really liked it. There are a lot of Planet X owners here but that could be down to their affordability rather than there performance. However, there are some repeat Planet X buyers here which would suggest good quality also. For about the same price you could also get this Canyon. I built up one of these framesets and I really like it. For €100 extra you could get it with full Ultegra if Shimano is your preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I wouldn't be able to choose between the Cube and Canyon - they are both at the top of my list.
    I want to upgrade my bike sometime soon and I've heard good things about both of these. For some reason I want my new bike to be white, so that's why I've crossed other bikes off the list

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Esmimyst

Aluminium bikes aren't too bad either. I used to have the GTC Race 2010 until I sold it this August.

I would recommend the Agree Pro with is all 105 and costs less. I own a Streamer 2011 and compared to the GTC Race, if you don't race often, you're better off with an alu bike. They are very comfortable and better than the carbon ones.

Only my personal experience...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

1950 is the best deal i'm getting, A lot of money. but the best price i could find for that bike new!
    And what would the planet x bikes be like as against the cube?

A 2012 GTC Race is €1999 so you should be pushing a bit harder on the price, id expect to do better then €1950 on a 2012 let alone 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Rew wrote: »
    A 2012 GTC Race is €1999 so you should be pushing a bit harder on the price, id expect to do better then €1950 on a 2012 let alone 2011.

2,099 is the price I'v ebeen quoted so far from 2 Irish shops on this bike but 1,950 for the 2011 model does seem excessive when the 2012 one is due in November.....

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

De Ja Vu !!! Has no-one mentioned the Focus yet? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

aquanaut wrote: »
    De Ja Vu !!! Has no-one mentioned the Focus yet? :p

but does it come in white??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Always worth checking the German sites. Go to Google.de and search. This site has some at €1699. Buying local of course has its advantages and peace of mind. Nice bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Esmimyst wrote: »
    you're better off with an alu bike. They are very comfortable and better than the carbon ones.

In what way is Alu better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

sy wrote: »
    This site has some at €1699

Ze Germans offering "Null Prozent" financing! Who'd have thunk it!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

I have a 2010 GTC Race, i'd defo go for another cube again i have found this one to be a fantasic bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dermur

If you like the Cube Agree then you should at least check out the Focus Izalco range. The frames look very similar and Focus are good for price. I got a 2010 Focus Izalco Pro with Dura-Ace components and any other bike with similar specs at the time would have been at least 800euro more expensive.

I'm not sure if only Wiggle do them for UK & Ireland though?

sy wrote: »
    Always worth checking the German sites. Go to Google.de and search. This site has some at €1699. Buying local of course has its advantages and peace of mind. Nice bikes
    I bought a bike from that site recently. I was very disappointed with the attention paid to the assembly and packing of the bike. Also, after I'd filled out the review form based on my experience and sent it back to them they did not publish it.

www.biker-boarder.de - for the search engines out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Lemag wrote: »
    I bought a bike from that site recently. I was very disappointed with the attention paid to the assembly and packing of the bike. Also, after I'd filled out the review form based on my experience and sent it back to them they did not publish it.

www.biker-boarder.de - for the search engines out there

What did you buy Lemag? Was going to purchase off them but found it cheaper in UK.

Advertisement