Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling CD's??

Options
  • 27-07-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Does anyone have any previous experience with selling cd's? I want to buy a load from amazon so i can rip them into flac's and then sell them on. They're usually about $5.(yes, i know its not much, but i plan on getting a LOT). Do you think i'd get most of that back selling them, or is the market a bit overpopulated?
    Thanks in advance,
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Concentrate on stuff with saleable value, i.e SACDs and Vinyl.
    Also, 1980s "black triangle" and "target" CDs have considerable value.
    You are going to lose bucketloads of money by buying ordinary CDs and trying to re-sell them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UBd

check ebay for a few of the titles u are thinking of buying! chances are if u buy on amazon for a fiver, you might sell on ebay for 1.50 to 3.00 .... then you have to pay for postage, packaging, listing fees, final value selling fees... etc. EBay is great for buying rare stuff and getting bargains but you won't make profit just selling cds that u paid good money for! I've sold about 250 cds this year on ebay but it takes up a lot of time and the returns are fairly small! You'd be better off downloading all the tracks you want from you-tube!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

UBd wrote: »
    check ebay for a few of the titles u are thinking of buying! chances are if u buy on amazon for a fiver, you might sell on ebay for 1.50 to 3.00 .... then you have to pay for postage, packaging, listing fees, final value selling fees... etc. EBay is great for buying rare stuff and getting bargains but you won't make profit just selling cds that u paid good money for! I've sold about 250 cds this year on ebay but it takes up a lot of time and the returns are fairly small! You'd be better off downloading all the tracks you want from you-tube!!

The OP stated they wanted to rip to FLAC so presumably they care about the quality of the music.

Advertisement