Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Bikers

• 27-07-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the 9.0 clock news and the get-up of those Garda clowns in the bikers gear heading into Waterford Court to face charges for beating up some guy..all of them over weight and each fell off the bike that brought em there.. lol :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Yea I saw it I didnt know if they were part of some gang/cult or big Daft Punk fans.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

As this is an ongoing court case, please don't mention anything in relation to the case at hand. We cant discuss ongoing court cases on Boards anymore. Sorry!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

I saw it too, it looked really bizarre! Have they been advised by their superiors to go into court like that??:confused: I thought it looked shocking to be honest. They made themselves look guilty as if they got something to hide. Surely a smart suit and a clean-cut look would be a better image to portray. I've never seen anything like it before, very strange!

Here's the link for those who haven't seen it

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0727/holnessa.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

me man with the fogged up visor getting the entry door third time lucky is priceless lol a ta feic i say they were wearing there power ranger suits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I thought maybe they had anonymity.

But the report gives their full name and rank and it's a standard assault case so realy, what was the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

mikemac wrote: »
    But the report gives their full name and rank and it's a standard assault case so realy, what was the point?

Yeah, but maybe they don't want certain people to be putting names to faces.

Really bizarre though, all of them turning up in disguise like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Weird, but I'd expect they'd have a change of clothes inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Covering up their identities doesn't look very good. If they're innocent and have nothing to hide then why do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

That just looks dodgy, like a scene from the film The General

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I have to say that looked very unprofessional, I can understand where they're coming from but still, it didn't look right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Would anyone else be allowed to enter the Court House with a crash helmet on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Looks like the same bike dropped them all off ?

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Would anyone else be allowed to enter the Court House with a crash helmet on?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Their superiors would want to tell them to straighten out the way they enter court. looked like a bunch of thugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hahaha that's priceless. They must feel like right numptys. The chap falling off the bike was hilarious.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

A reminder we can not discuss the case. Includes talking about innocence and guilt.

I'm leaving this open to discuss how they approached the court house and their methods to cover their identity, which is allowed.

Topic Cleaned

me man with the fogged up visor getting the entry door third time lucky is priceless lol a ta feic i say they were wearing there power ranger suits
    That's why I always have me visor up. The nitro lids are brutal for fogging up. Worse thing is though all the flies ha e great aim for your eyes when the visor is up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

A reminder we can not discuss the case. Includes talking about innocence and guilt.

I'm leaving this open to discuss how they approached the court house and their methods to cover their identity, which is allowed.

Topic Cleaned

Sound, my apologies

seanybiker wrote: »
    That's why I always have me visor up. The nitro lids are brutal for fogging up. Worse thing is though all the flies ha e great aim for your eyes when the visor is up :(

How do you know a happy motorcyclist?

Dead flies stuck to his teeth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

mikemac wrote: »
    I thought maybe they had anonymity.

The strange thing is that when they reported on this case when it first started about a week ago, it showed the Gardai walking into court in suits / uniforms as you'd expect. Why they all decided to change to this bike gear after this is just bizarre when anyone watching the news last week would have seen them anyway

• Advertisement

johnnykilo wrote: »
    The strange thing is that when they reported on this case when it first started about a week ago, it showed the Gardai walking into court in suits / uniforms as you'd expect. Why they all decided to change to this bike gear after this is just bizarre when anyone watching the news last week would have seen them anyway

Are you sure? There are two cases in the media involving alleged slaps from the gardaí. Maybe it was the case in Dublin you saw? I saw that case and they were wearing normal suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

I think you're confusing cases as well. Yesterday was the first day the accused in this case were shown on the news certainly and most likely in court. Last week may have been gardai going to the court but not the accused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Yes, apologies I was mistaken. The previous report only showed the plaintiff and a number of random Gardai, not the defendants

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0712/holnessa.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

As far as I know helmets are supposed to be removed entering any government building...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Swissarmyknife

As far as I know helmets are supposed to be removed entering any government building...

I thought that as well.
    Didnt the General turn up for court a few times in the same attire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Tellytubbies sprang to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I'd say they removed them once they stepped inside the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Assume they were told to cop on.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Assume they were told to cop on.

Haha I see what you did there.

I suppose they where guarding their identities. :pac:

Advertisement