Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Bikers

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I saw this thread a while back and didn't give it much attention - I assumed you all meant they were motorbike guards who were coming to court during their shift in their hi vis jacket & leather pants uniform. Just clicked on the RTÉ News link now and it seems really bizarre to turn up like that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

pity they didn't have the helmets downtown on the cctv.

..i mean, allegedly. hope they hang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

Sure the names and rank were published and mentioned on the news so the identity protection was pointless. in any case a garda should have a bit of cop on and present themselves professionally in order to portray a good image for the gardai. Their superiors should not have let them go to court like this or i hope they got a good bollocking for it. Like FFS, they are going in dressed like a bunch of complete scumbags, as someone said it was like what the general used to do.

What a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

two waterford gardai found guilty in assault case....alan kissane found not guilty....verdict awaited on sgt mcenery...source rte news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That's the end of them so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

well should have thought bout it before they done it.....prob right decisions so far on the facts of case...monday we find out fate of last defendant,i suspect she will struggle to get out of this one.....

Oh jaysus I agree. They deserve what they get.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Case is still ongoing lads, waiting on one more verdict so until that's sorted we cant discuss it. Sentencing isn't till November but I am not sure does the ban extend till then, ill need to find out but I assume not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

One other important point, it looks like 3 of the 4 did not have their helmets tied when they got off the bikes, sorry but thats the motorcyclist coming out in me :D

roco71 wrote: »
    One other important point, it looks like 3 of the 4 did not have their helmets tied when they got off the bikes, sorry but thats the motorcyclist coming out in me :D
    Lol.and one of them is a brutal pillion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

I does not look good, As Garda they know you required to remove your hat before entering the court.

Advertisement