Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

conditioning treatments?

• 27-07-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi

I have very dry, coloured hair, could anyone recommend the best treatment or course of action? Would going to Peter Mark and getting one of their Keratase treatments done in salon regularly be best or would buying a good hair masque yield the same results? My hair is also quite light/fine

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

hey my hair was the same as yours colored and very dry. i was using Keratase but it didn't really do much for me and at that price tag i wasn't going to keep trying. i got osmo hair mask in my local salon supply shop one day just to try and to say its changed my hair is a understatement. my hair is now super glossy and soft! posted on a tread a while back here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056333969 it might give you some more info!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ciarabarry

you could use the skin hair and nail tablets from holland and barrett, they are great! also i use vO5 miracle concentrate which has argon oil which is amazing for dry damaged hair, its only around 6 in boots! you can do weekly deep conditioning and use 3 minute miracle - i really like it and it leaves my hair really silky and healthy looking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Another suggestion would be flaxseed oil in your hair, leave overnight (head in a shower cap or you'll have a funny looking shape on your pillowcase), wash out in the morning. You can get this in a health shop.

I have long, fine-ish highlighted blonde hair and this does a nice job on keeping it in condition. I also use the three minute miracle from Aussie the odd time.

I've had the Kerastase treatment from Peter Mark and to be honest, it didn't do anything for my hair (though I do like their shampoos, when i can afford them!). There are definitely cheaper and IMO better treatment options out there, as the other posters have mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Sabrielle

Thanks for all the advice girls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

You're welcome!:)

Meant to say, if you do try the flaxseed keep it away from the roots as it will just grease them up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭pengaffe

Your hair could also be damaged from the inside of the cuticle therefore no amount of masks or conditioning treatment will provide a long term answer!! I use a product from Joico called deep penetrating reconstructor!! It re balances your pH levels and repairs from with within rather than just it's appearance!! It's only around 21 euro and it lasts for ages and smells gorgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Sabrielle

Thanks, that Joico product is 12 sterling on amazon for 150mL and the Osmo bout 4 euro for 250mL, both are well worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭pengaffe

Only use a tiny bit of the osmo it's like plaster and is quite hard to wash out!!! Greasy isn't what you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

+1 on osmo.....that stuff works miracles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

i use boots coconut and almond intensive hair mask! you wouldnt believe how good this is especially since its like €3 for a fairly bit pot (350ml) you only use it once a week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement