Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Dragons Den

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

just a heads up, the new series starts this sunday night, BBC2, 9pm.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Used to watch ir religiously until I read the many stories of Dragons pulling out of most of the buinesses on some whim or other.

Good TV but that just made it all a bit false for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That happens quite a lot in all versions of Dragons Den - Canade,Uk etc. The deal on the show is only an offer pending further discussions, checking out finances and other logistics. Its only after all that the proper deal is finalised and goes forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Used to watch ir religiously until I read the many stories of Dragons pulling out of most of the buinesses on some whim or other.

Good TV but that just made it all a bit false for me.

There are owners who have withdrawn also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

OMG who is the new "Dragon" ????
    She looks strange...................very strange!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

She made her millions in the haulage game setting up a a pallet network. A brilliant business person by all accounts.

She's had her personal setbacks too, having had a stroke and having to rebuild her health.
    She's an interesting addition and hopefully a positive one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

anybody watchin this tonight the lad selling the tan strip that gives you better looking stomach fcukin classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

The father was a nut.. And he called him a "right little pudding" too - what a wanker!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Dun wrote: »
    The father was a nut.. And he called him a "right little pudding" too - what a wanker!

PURE ODDBALL but gas :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He came across very poorly in the interview after he met the Dragons. He came across as if he just went on the show to tell his mates about it afterwards.

Really liked the 3 lads making the popcorn, can see them coming out with a few different products.

The guy with the tanning, absolute legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

So far its been a bit of a bad show from a lot of the companies. Its like the BBC didn't do any vetting of the entrants and didn't prep them either.

I know its entertainment and they want some crap crazy ones like on X factor or popstars or whatever but its still a bit crap. I think their target audience on this show don't want messers they want to hear about real businesses. Its a great promotional tool for real businesses if you can get it, regardless of whether you get investment, if you allow in messers it takes away from the whole thing.

So far its been a bit of a bad show from a lot of the companies. Its like the BBC didn't do any vetting of the entrants and didn't prep them either.

The girls with the mobile music DJ thingy didn't know they had to secure the full amount they were looking for or they'd get nothing. It certainly does display a lack of prep on the person looking for money but also the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Exactly, and the married couple without any idea of their costs was ridiculous. The BBC could have had a half hour meeting with the presenters to outline what kinds of details they'd need and that would all have been ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Dun wrote: »

hahaha that guy was hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Exactly, and the married couple without any idea of their costs was ridiculous. The BBC could have had a half hour meeting with the presenters to outline what kinds of details they'd need and that would all have been ironed out.

i was amazed they did'nt know their wage bill........mad:eek:

Advertisement