Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone with html experience help me for 6 mins urgently Please

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

guys i have some sites on a shared server and was editing and replaced one index.php file from one site with another!!!
    I have a cached copy of the index page and hace tried restoring it but its not working .
    I dont wanna loose the code can someone help PLease:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Where is the cached copy of index.php? Are you viewing the page in your browser? (if so, this will probably not be very useful)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭derickmc

daymobrew wrote: »
    Where is the cached copy of index.php? Are you viewing the page in your browser? (if so, this will probably not be very useful)

If this is the case you could right click and view source and copy it. I realise that wont give you any of the server code (i.e. if there is PHP in the file you wont get that code) but at least you will get your CSS, Javascript and HTML ... save that and you have something ... hope this helps some bit ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

SteveAdti wrote: »
    guys i have some sites on a shared server and was editing and replaced one index.php file from one site with another!!!
    I have a cached copy of the index page and hace tried restoring it but its not working .
    I dont wanna loose the code can someone help PLease:mad:

Give your host a call. They can probably restore the original file for you.

Also, do you not have local copies of everything anyway? If not, you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Duckjob wrote: »
    do you not have local copies of everything anyway? If not, you should.
    Exactly. It's a harsh way to learn a very valuable lesson when it comes to modifying live sites.

Advertisement