Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry - are they any good?

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Am thinking of getting a Blackberry but not as my main phone have a Nokia N8 but would like to see what the Blackberry are all about? Appreciate any hint and tips about them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

If you have an N8, you're heading in the wrong direction if you're looking for a BlackBerry.

They're very expensive, and they're geared heavily towards business users who want email and not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The only reason you'd have a Blackberry is as your main phone. They're not really geared towards entertainment. They're fantastic for keeping up to date with email in real time and the full qwerty keyboard is great if you need to send email. The browser isn't a patch on the top end Androids or iphone and there isn't anything like the same range of apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I think Blackberry's are great. They're nothing in my opinion that can match their email prowess. The current batch are not good for gaming so thats a downer if you like to play games. Battery life on them is excellent and media wise they can do lots (music/video). What do you want from a blackberry device?

I use mine with google maps for navigation, instant messaging, sugarsync and dropbox for remotely accessing files. I can listen to the radio via the free app Tune in. I can read pdfs and edit/read word, powerpoint and excel docs. I use a twitter app but not the facebook one (although it's available too). All my contacts, email and calendar details sync over the air with gmail. So the only thing I can say that they cant do that other devices can is game.

Advertisement