Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corn with the husk on!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

You can get them in lidl, they come in packs of 2, vacuum packed in water to keep them fresh. They're already cooked and just need to be heated up. I think they're around 1 euro per pack of 2.

Sorry, just realised that the ones in lidl are on the cob but NOT on the husk.... Nearly sent ya on a wild goose chase!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can get them in lidl, they come in packs of 2, vacuum packed in water to keep them fresh. They're already cooked and just need to be heated up. I think they're around 1 euro per pack of 2.
    These don't have the husk on them though, plus they're ready cooked which is also not what the OP wanted I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Seasonal produce. Should be in the shops soon. Must have a look at your Jamie link. Nothing nicer on the BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

I bought some in the husks on Moore Street a couple of weeks back from one of those nice ladys with veg stalls cooked them on the bbq wrapped in bacon,they were gorgous,much nicer then the frozen ones,they were 2 for 3 euro and a fey of the stalls had them,presumably they are still in season you should be able to get some.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

We got some last weekend in Naas, in Swan's On The Green - Is that a bit too much of a trip? (I think they were 2 for €3, so a tad pricier than the States). You could ring in advance just in case...

I'd say Fallon & Byrne might also be a good bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Got some today at my local vege market stall, 6 for 5euro.
    Damn tasty they were too!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Got some today at my local vege market stall, 6 for 5euro.
    Damn tasty they were too!
    Which market was that CJ ? Sounds like a good bargain.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

I tried fallon and byrne with no success. I'll be in town tomorrow so I'll pop by moore st. and see what's going on. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

dubh101 wrote: »
    I bought some in the husks on Moore Street a couple of weeks back from one of those nice ladys with veg stalls cooked them on the bbq wrapped in bacon,they were gorgous,much nicer then the frozen ones,they were 2 for 3 euro and a fey of the stalls had them,presumably they are still in season you should be able to get some.:)

+1 for Moore St.

Was there yesterday & they had any amount of them. No idea how much they cost but i'm sure they'd be reasonable

Advertisement