Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fake iphone help needed

Options
  • 27-07-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Ok I got a fake iphone today but I cant put any music on it, my mac book wont recognise it at all. i got it because I have an iphone already and I look after an 8yr old who is in a wheelchair and she is addicted to my iphone (pics/videos but mainly music), she has problems with holding things sometimes so I decided that rather than let my iphone be dropped it would be better if I got her a fake one (she has an mp3 player but ITS NOT AN IPHONE, her words not mine), i was gonna get her an itouch but again with her limited mobility the 220 or so I would spend on it could be wasted after one wee drop so I got a fake one but as soon as i plug it into the computer it charges it but nothing else, any advice, pleeease

Bee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It probably isn't made to be connected to a Mac, so I doubt it highly that there is anything you.

Have you tried it on a PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Ok I got a fake iphone today but I cant put any music on it, my mac book wont recognise it at all. i got it because I have an iphone already and I look after an 8yr old who is in a wheelchair and she is addicted to my iphone (pics/videos but mainly music), she has problems with holding things sometimes so I decided that rather than let my iphone be dropped it would be better if I got her a fake one (she has an mp3 player but ITS NOT AN IPHONE, her words not mine), i was gonna get her an itouch but again with her limited mobility the 220 or so I would spend on it could be wasted after one wee drop so I got a fake one but as soon as i plug it into the computer it charges it but nothing else, any advice, pleeease

Bee

Its probably a compatibility issue. The main issue with Macs is that certain stuff isnt compatible with Mac OS.

Most stuff is made for Windows. You could maybe try a Windows 7 PC? It probably would come as a mass storage device and drag and drop songs into it, or you could use Windows Media Player to sync it.

iTunes or anything else for that matter wont work with it.

Its more than likely running Android or Windows Mobile under the iOS skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

It should still show up as an external hard drive though. Does the device run android? If so you need to turn on USB mounting in the settings area. Should show up then and you should be able to drag and drop directly from the music folder to the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

nihicib2 wrote: »
    rather than let my iphone be dropped it would be better if I got her a fake one (she has an mp3 player but ITS NOT AN IPHONE, her words not mine),

Bee

Will her words be any different? :P

Probably the Mac thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 northernstar

My sister has a fake iPhone and to get music on hers, she had to put it onto a memory card and put that in the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement