Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth not working

Options
  • 28-07-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys

I have a HP TouchSmart tm2 and I keep getting an error message saying unable to start the Bluetooth stack service.

Any help on how to repair this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

You might be better posting this in the windows forum, as I suspect the problem is more software related - maybe ask a mod to move it?

I've encountered your problem before where the laptop manufactuer (usually Toshiba or Dell, but no doubt HP do it as well) use non standard bluetooth software to provide bluetooth functionality, that integrates with their overall networking control panel. Great in theory, but the problem is that computer hardware makers are generally crap at writing software (Apple excluded) and so these problems occur.

What I do to fix the problem is to uninstall the bluetooth software, and then go to windows / microsoft update (windowsupdate.com) to get it to install the most basic driver from Microsoft for bluetooth - simple and just works.

As a matter of fact, I do that with all hardware - printers especially

Advertisement