Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makita or Hitachi Grinder??

• 28-07-2011 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

I am going to purchase an angle grinder for both metal and masonry use. As both Makita and Hitachi are the same price, which one is better??
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

yourpics wrote: »
    I am going to purchase an angle grinder for both metal and masonry use. As both Makita and Hitachi are the same price, which one is better??
    TIA

I'd happily buy either - especially since it's an angle grinder and not the highest precision bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

In my experience of power tools I would choose Makita over any other, I have used both brands aswell as others and Makita is the one for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

+1 for Makita:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

We have a 21 year old Hitachi Grinder. Its big and awkward (as they all were back then) and its used on an almost daily basis. Found it to be a very well built machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Both are great manufacturers. Personally id buy a dewalt

• Advertisement
Advertisement