Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware: Speed limit changes Kingscourt Road

Options
  • 28-07-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anyone know why the speed limit has been reduced to 50km/hr on the Kingscourt Road (approaching Monument Cross/Castletown junction)? Its a straight stretch of road and as far as I know, is not an accident blackspot. Is it just a coincidence that a speed van parks up regularly on this particular stretch:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 navandiver

I presume they are finally going to do up that strech of the road! It may take six months before they start anything like the last section of that road!! Total Nightmare!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

There have been a couple of reminder signs for a 50kph, ie only on one side of the road along that stretch for months now but the legal limit was still 80kph.

Have they put up proper speed limit signs too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mosey

FYI, the new signs were covered up yesterday and sure enough the road has been marked for repairs.

Why not put up advance warning signs saying 'Roadworks starting ...' instead of putting up official speed limit signs first?

The speed camera van and the gardai were both on duty on Wednesday with the new 50km signs in place, what limit were they enforcing I wonder... :rolleyes:

Advertisement