Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bussiness studies query

• 28-07-2011 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

ok so lets say i have selected business in ul
    in yr two i select accountancy as my major option
    does that mean i will be as qualified to sit the chartered acccountant exams afterwards
    will selecting an accountancy major mean that i will have the same knowlege on the discipline as eg, the student in ucc doing the course entitled "accounting"

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The short answer is yes.

The not so short answer is it depends on your grades.

If you want the long answer let me know and I'll knock it together at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kickin king

can i have the long answer please

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭seanman is me

ninty9er wrote: »
    The short answer is yes.

The not so short answer is it depends on your grades.

If you want the long answer let me know and I'll knock it together at some point.

Another business query, Im heading into 3rd year in September. Any advice what minor option to pick? Picked BIM at minute but at this stage i really need to get the the qca up, do you know of which minors are easier than others? etc
    Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pocketline

Yes by selecting accounting as your major for Business Studies at UL - provided you get certain grades you will get accounting exemptions.

This link will provide more detailed information regarding accounting exemptions for different exams at UL http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Faculties/Kemmy_Business_School/Departments/Accounting_%26_Finance/Exemptions%3A%20Accounting%20%26%20Taxation.

Advertisement