Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Screen On Xbox?

• 28-07-2011 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi does anyone know if you can get your laptop screen to come on the xbox with sounds? My laptop doesnt have a hmdi slot so cant just hook it up to the tv..i have a vga cable but the sound on my laptop is low so if i stream movies off a website its too quite trough the laptop??
    Thanks HayZ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

HayZ 3426 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if you can get your laptop screen to come on the xbox with sounds? My laptop doesnt have a hmdi slot so cant just hook it up to the tv..i have a vga cable but the sound on my laptop is low so if i stream movies off a website its too quite trough the laptop??
    Thanks HayZ

You've pretty much answered your own questions there.

No HDMI, then you can't get video and sound through one cable to your laptop.

Speakers aren't loud so what's the point in trying, you just won't be able to hear anything!

Use a VGA cable to get a picture from the xbox to the laptop and then get yourself a set of gaming headphones. Problem sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I Think the VGA slots on laptops are only VGA out, So you can only display your laptop screen on a tv, I Don't think it will work as an additional screen for your xbox

I Think the VGA slots on laptops are only VGA out, So you can only display your laptop screen on a tv, I Don't think it will work as an additional screen for your xbox

I've done it on mine and it worked fine but it's one of those older desktop replacement laptops from Dell. I guess it's more to do with the hardware installed, I certainly couldn't say all laptops work this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

why don't you just put the video file onto a thumb drive and watch it straight from the xbox?

duploelabs wrote: »
    why don't you just put the video file onto a thumb drive and watch it straight from the xbox?

I thought he wanted to play games on his xbox put using his laptop screen, completely read his post wrong!

duploelabs is right, just stick them on a USB key and make sure the xbox is connected to XBL and you have the media update installed.

Alternatively, assuming you have the xbox and laptop connected to your router somehow, just install TVersity on your laptop. It'll stream all your media directly to your xbox and only takes minutes to setup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement