Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert and Apostille

• 28-07-2011 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi,
    I sat my LC in June, and I'd like to go back to my home country (Poland).
    For university there I'll need an Apostille (it just confirms that it was released in Ireland and it's original Irish document). But I heard that Department of Foreign Affairs won't accept document which schools will give out on 17th August and I will need some other document from Department of Education, some colour certificate or whatever. I called to Department of Foreign Affairs and they said it should be right as school are releasing it to us. Anyone has any experience with it and could help me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

The document you get on the 17th is a provisional statement of results.

I think the colour certificate to which you refer is the official statement of results, which you can get here, after the release of the results.

it just confirms that it was released in Ireland and it's original Irish document
    What exactly does the Apostille confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

A friend of mine wanted to return to Poland for college it turns out he couldn't use the leaving cert results as they were released to late to apply for a Polish college.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Full Junior and Leaving Certificates (the coloured ones) are meant to be issued to you some time after rechecks etc have all subsided. But AFAIK there's an ongoing courtcase stopping the SEC from doing this for now. You can of course get them on their website as the poster above said.

I did my JC in 2006 and LC in 2008 and still haven't got my official result sheets for either. Might apply for it now while I'm at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madmax92

AD61 wrote: »
    The document you get on the 17th is a provisional statement of results.

I think the colour certificate to which you refer is the official statement of results, which you can get here, after the release of the results.

What exactly does the Apostille confirm?
    I'll call them and check that with SEC tomorrow.

Apostille confirms authenticity of an document, e.g You want go overseas to college, You need to make Apostille to show that isn't fake.
    A friend of mine wanted to return to Poland for college it turns out he couldn't use the leaving cert results as they were released to late to apply for a Polish college.
    Huh? They said I'll have to post my results ASAP and that's it, most of universities now accept foreign students and they are waiting with couple of places until half of September. Even IT in my home town sent an e-mail saying that I'm accepted and I need to bring all the documents till end of August (rest of students have to bring them till 13th August.)
    dambarude wrote: »
    Full Junior and Leaving Certificates (the coloured ones) are meant to be issued to you some time after rechecks etc have all subsided. But AFAIK there's an ongoing courtcase stopping the SEC from doing this for now. You can of course get them on their website as the poster above said.

I did my JC in 2006 and LC in 2008 and still haven't got my official result sheets for either. Might apply for it now while I'm at it!

Well lady in DoFA said that if school gives me results it's suppose to be ok to make Apostille.
    I heard about that case. It's weird but well... welcome to Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madmax92

Sorry for double post guys but what I heard in SEC today is weird. They don't know anything, and sent me back do DoFA :/.

Now as far as I know, results are released on 17th. Can I order original(s) on 16th? (old lady didn't know that) I'd like to do it just in case because, on 18th I'll go to Dublin and I don't want to hear that I can't use school results and will need to get that colour copy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I'm just guessing here... but do you think they'll issue you your full result statement (the coloured copy) before the dates for appeals are up?

You should try to get talking to somebody else in the SEC or Dep. of Ed & Skills to get full clarity.

I don't know why they wouldn't accept the provisional results tbh.

Advertisement