Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS massive price drop, 20 free games for early adopters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

pdbhp wrote: »
    Rad looking paperweight though!!:pac::P

Don't get me started man :p

For the record, I like the 3DS. I like the design, fell & look of the thing. It functions very well, I like the 3D effect, & there's general high quality feel when using it. Whats pissing me off, it the complete & total void of anything to use on it. OoT can't really count as its a 15 year old ported game with tweaked textures.

Coming up to five months after release & the worthy/must-have list is frankly shockingly bad. I have to ask Nintendo, why would anyone buy it at this stage? Because its a Nintendo product? Not enough I'm afraid. People need incentive to spend, plus there's big competition around the corner...you seriously need to start looking after the games library...or the Vita really will finish off whats left of the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

EnterNow wrote: »

Coming up to five months after release & the worthy/must-have list is frankly shockingly bad. I have to ask Nintendo, why would anyone buy it at this stage? Because its a Nintendo product? Not enough I'm afraid. People need incentive to spend, plus there's big competition around the corner...you seriously need to start looking after the games library...or the Vita really will finish off whats left of the 3DS.

Vita's more expensive now though.....and isn't coming to the US/Europe until next year now as well.....Leaving the christmas market to Nintendo, they just need to remarket it so the public doesn't see it as just another ds, and release mario/mario kart...and well...they'll sell a ton tbh.

Follow it up with some pokemon next year and well.....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Vita's more expensive now though.....and isn't coming to the US/Europe until next year now as well.....Leaving the christmas market to Nintendo, they just need to remarket it so the public doesn't see it as just another ds, and release mario/mario kart...and well...they'll sell a ton tbh.

Follow it up with some pokemon next year and well.....:P

Basically get their finger out & get some games out there, basically what I'm getting at above. The Christmas market will be the make or break because as you said it'll be the only time its not competing against the Vita. Sure the Vita is more expensive, but if the software library caters better, then its money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Don't get me started man :p

For the record, I like the 3DS. I like the design, fell & look of the thing. It functions very well, I like the 3D effect, & there's general high quality feel when using it. Whats pissing me off, it the complete & total void of anything to use on it. OoT can't really count as its a 15 year old ported game with tweaked textures.

Very true, they need to get their act toghther and release some new games actually "some" won't do they need lots of games to get the interest and hype going.
    This free games thing is nice but it also smacks of defeat from Nintendo as in my entire lifetime I've never seen the big N do anything like this. I wonder if the 3Ds is already doomed because if they don't get the public behind it soon the Vita will be out and stealing some of its thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

We'll have to 'upgrade' them if we want those features, we're getting the straight rom ports.
    The "upgrade" will be free:
    Once the paid versions of the games are released in Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.
    The GBA games will be exclusive:
    These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on Nintendo 3DS in the future
    But I agree there is only one must have real game (OoT) but these free games: Super Mario Bros, The Legend Of Zelda, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Yoshi's Island and paying for Link's Awakening will keep me happy till Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 3ds, Star Fox and Super Mario Land

• Advertisement

€154.97 limited online price while stocks last on gamestop:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/41735_Nintendo_3DS_Nintendo_3DS_Cosmic_Black.aspx

Wonder if there's any possibility of getting it shipped here by thursday =P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

€154.97 limited online price while stocks last on gamestop:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/41735_Nintendo_3DS_Nintendo_3DS_Cosmic_Black.aspx

Wonder if there's any possibility of getting it shipped here by thursday =P
    I know they do a €5 delivery option and I think they guarantee next day delivery if ordered before a certain time. Might be work hitting them up on facebook or via email hello@gamestop.ie

Brilliant price. It would be great if you could get the 20 free games too if you could get it to you by thursday.
    EDIT: From their website
    Below are the approximate shipping time frames:
    Working Days Service Cost
    1-2 Express ROI €5.50
    1-2 Express UK €8.50
    2-5 ROI An Post €2.00
    2-5 UK Royal Mail €2.00

Please note there is free shipping (Express 1-2 days) for orders over €150.

Currently GameStop.ie processes and ships items Monday-Friday. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will be processed and/or shipped the following business day. We will not be processing or shipping orders on the following holidays (Sadly we have to close sometimes): New Years Day, Christmas or any public/bank holidays. Additional processing time may be necessary on bank/public holidays.

GameStop.ie does not ship, nor are deliveries made on weekends. Weekend days should not be considered when calculating your delivery date.

Ship-To Prohibitions
    Please be informed that your designated ship to address must reflect the address of the ultimate end-user. GameStop.ie will not process any order which specifies an address of a freight forwarder, mail forwarding service warehouse, distribution center, airport, hotel or PO Box

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any bricks and motor stores dropped their prices yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I want to get the shop update tomorrow will I be able to get the update in a internet cafe or that. Don't have home internet to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Public library should have free Wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Public library should have free Wifi.

Not anywhere need a Public Library.Will it be ok to do it using a computer

GTR63 wrote: »
    I want to get the shop update tomorrow will I be able to get the update in a internet cafe or that. Don't have home internet to get it.
    As long as you get your 3DS, go online with it and access the e-shop, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

As long as you get your 3DS, go online with it and access the e-shop, you should be fine.

I got my new 3DS yesterday, and have done everything required, so I should be OK

Just wish I hadn't bought Mario Kart now if they're giving the GBA version away for free....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The price drop is very surprising, Nintendo must be bricking it to drop it by so much and so fast, last people to do that was Microsoft with the Xbox, got a couple of free games for my trouble back then too!
    I guess it's really all about if Sony manage to drum up the interest in the Vita by it's Euro and US launch, will they have the software people want to play.
    If the Vita performs as the PSP did then the 3DS will win by default.
    The 3DS may have a bright future simply as the next iteration of the DS line, meaning that people who are due to replace their DS Lite consoles will swap to the 3DS instead of the DSi or DSiXL.
    The recent news of 2D games to be produced for the 3DS is promising too, as 3D is quite off putting for a lot of people but the extra horsepower the console brings could make 2D content they want.

I think they should be pushing a Netflix variant in the UK and Ireland, perhaps via Sky, so you can rent 3D movies and sports events and watch them on the 3DS, I think that would be a massive selling point, as would the rumoured feature of a 3D camcorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Gamestop.ie s price drop is down to 180 euro now, so not as good as it was, but still better currently than Amazon which is 192 euro delivered.

WRONG!

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Gamestop.ie s price drop is down to 180 euro now, so not as good as it was, but still better currently than Amazon which is 192 euro delivered.
    You'll see in link about 6/7 posts prior to yours, that the 3DS actually costs €155 on gamestop.ie. Head over to the Gaming bargains thread (down the bottom) for a bit more of a discussion about it.

You'll see in link about 6/7 posts prior to yours, that the 3DS actually costs €155 on gamestop.ie. Head over to the Gaming bargains thread (down the bottom) for a bit more of a discussion about it.

I think I must be missing something, link is 179.97 euro on gamestop.ie, wheres the reduction, when I looked yesterday it was the 154 euro price but its not now.

I think I must be missing something, link is 179.97 euro on gamestop.ie, wheres the reduction, when I looked yesterday it was the 154 euro price but its not now.
    Still showing as €154.97 for me on two different browsers. Chrome and Firefox. Add it to your basket and see if it adds as €155 or €180.
    here's a print screen i took a minute ago.
    unled1jpw.jpg

Dont quite know why, cookies or something but on firefox it still shows as 179.97. Tried on Chrome and IE and its still at the 155 price, so thanks very much for that, nearly spent 25 euro more than I had to.

Dont quite know why, cookies or something but on firefox it still shows as 179.97. Tried on Chrome and IE and its still at the 155 price, so thanks very much for that, nearly spent 25 euro more than I had to.
    Have a look at this post and you should be able to get it by tomorrow so you can log onto the e-shop before the end of the offer tomorrow and then claim your 20 free games when they are released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is it €180 in Gamestop stores though? Going to buy on as a gift and getting it today or tomorrow is essential for the 20 free games.

Just a rumour on Twitter but:
    @NGamer_mag
    No word of it a lie. A leaked TESCO poster shows it going for £115. GAME allegedly selling for £130. Will do a proper price round-up on Friday.

If this is true, hopefully Amazon will pricematch online.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Confirmed, dooferoaks.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-11-3ds-price-cut-war-GBP115-at-tesco

I wonder if Tesco here are doing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

£115 is a crazy price, if I had not already been sold by OoT and splashed out that kind of price point would persuade me to pick up one. Hell the DSi seems to cost that.

Also Morrisons selling all 3DS games for £25? May pop into my local one and see what they have.

My friend got onetoday, after i mentioned the trading in offer gamestop will have on friday (dsi xl + 60 euro = 3ds)

Not certain but think they might have given it to him today. Worth checking anyway if there's a gamestop near you. (for a lower price while you can still get the games!)

So, did it arrive today?

So, did it arrive today?

No, but not to worry, disappointing but wasn't a deal breaker either way, was worth the try. Not for me anyway, my brother wanted one, so hes paid for it not me.

That a bit of a bummer. Shame it didn't work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I ordered late the Tuesday night and it arrived. Did you select express delivery? Mine was sent by courier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I ordered from Gamestop on Tuesday evening also, and it arrived this morning. I selected the express shipping and emailed them about it on Wednesday to make sure it got sent out. They emailed me a tracking number and I was able to see when it was dispatched and on it's way for delivery with the courier. Did you get tracking details dooferoaks?

Advertisement