Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting to Meteor - Process

Options
  • 28-07-2011 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering how long the porting process takes and what's involved - I'll be porting from Three PAYG to Meteor Billpay.

It's just that I've got some credit on my Three account as well as a couple of weeks worth of Free Weekend Calls and Free Texts.

I'd like to use up as much of this as possible so was wondering, if I order online, how long does it generally take before contracts are signed, you have your phone, and the porting over is complete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

marathonic wrote: »
    I'm wondering how long the porting process takes and what's involved - I'll be porting from Three PAYG to Meteor Billpay.

It's just that I've got some credit on my Three account as well as a couple of weeks worth of Free Weekend Calls and Free Texts.

I'd like to use up as much of this as possible so was wondering, if I order online, how long does it generally take before contracts are signed, you have your phone, and the porting over is complete.

if you sign up in store then they can set the port to happen at a future date if you liked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

Good God don't move to Meteor! They are just a nightmare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

TheBody wrote: »
    Good God don't move to Meteor! They are just a nightmare!!

Rubbish:mad: They are miles better than the Big Two. Only Three come near for the value they give.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

When I lived in Maynooth ( a year ago ) I had no phone reception. I then moved to Mullingar and again had no phone reception. It wasn't just my phone. I had other meteor people come to my house to try and it was the same for them.

Op, I'd get somebody who is with meteor to go to your house first to see if they have reception. Being cheap isn't much good if you can't make or receive calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Good luck with the porting, I'm applied to move from Meteor PAYG to Meteor Bill Pay on the 4th of July and I've still not gotten my phone or been switched over. :mad:

Be aware that on top of the cost of the phone, you may be asked to put down a deposit (phone was €169.99 - which had to be paid for on a CC rather than Laser, despite being able to spend €500+ on Laser for a PAYG phone - and I had to put down €130 which I get back in 7 months).

If they weren't such good value (both for the monthly bill and phone cost), I'd have told Meteor where to shove it at this stage. I'll be going elsewhere once my contract is up and I've been with Meteor practically since they opened in 2001.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Well, I've applied today and don't mind if it takes up to 3 weeks. After that, I'll start getting impatient. :D

Advertisement