Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can help me?

Options
  • 28-07-2011 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hey, just hoping i cange some hints and tips on visiting cork. I'm actually staying in Ballincollig so i understand its a good bit out of the city. I'm interested in markets/antique/vintage shops, Design, Retail/homeware shops, Good food, cosy pubs, food markets, Boutique/artisan type shops, dancing to good music (im thinking more edgy dj's than your average pop club.

Im predicting now that someone will say that im going to the wrong city for all of that :(. But any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, i have incestigated this myself, this isnt a lazy attempt to get you guys to plan my holiday. Just thought id stick a thread up here too.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

You're not in the wrong city, but you are in the wrong location. Ballincollig lacks .... a lot of what you seek. No matter, a simple bus in and out will sort you, 15 minute trip.

(food) markets/antique/vintage shops: English Market in particular and CoalQuay in city centre; don't know of any vintage shops personally; often food/jewellary markets on the weekend on Grand Parade too.

Design: I'll leave to lady posters ;)

Good Food: Strasbourg Goose, city centre (French Church St. I think). Nice coffee shops on same street/parallel are Insomnia and Nosh and Coffee (both with free wi-fi)

Cosy Pubs: Tom Barry's and An Spailpín Fanach, - www.whazon.com is a great website for telling you when gigs/trad etc. is on.

Retail/homeware shops: Depends on what you want to buy?!

Music: Crane Lane (depending on night can be great or awful, again check their website or whazon.com), most clubs in Cork are crap, maybe someone else can recommend.

My own recommendation for when you are here: Visit Fitzgerald Park on a sunny day, ditto Shandon Bells, Cobh if there are liners/cruisers coming in, and University College Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Kinsale would have a lot of what you are looking for.
    It's about 30 min drive from Ballincollig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Glornafarraige

there's a 'bar boot sale' in the Pavillion on Sunday . You might be interested in checking that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

tommy21 wrote: »
    You're not in the wrong city, but you are in the wrong location. Ballincollig lacks .... a lot of what you seek. No matter, a simple bus in and out will sort you, 15 minute trip.

If or when it turns up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Online01

/hi

not sure when you are actually coming to Cork but check out www.swingdancecork.com esp if you are in to vintage scene

Monthly Friday Night Jump - 5th August - Swing Jazz 1930s/40s etc . dance intro class and great music afterward

Weekly Monday Club - series of classes and dancing afterward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement