Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New problem with Neig Dogs + My Dog

• 28-07-2011 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Ok, my next door neighbours have two dogs, a st.bernard and a lab, it started off with the st.b which was fine, he occasionally barked and was ok because he was in their house most of the time... Now they have recently got an other dog and moved the two of them into their small backgarden and they are constantly barking during the day, and when my Jack R is out the new dog and my lad are constantly at it by the fence.

One of them turned around to my wife and said that my JR has gotten really moody and is barking all the time, and my fear is that if someone from one of the other house's makes a complaint about their dogs they are going to say that its our dog also.

So what am I going to have to do, to resolve this before it gets out of hand, which I think its getting close to now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

have a similar prob but im the one with the 2 big dogs in a run out the back! 2 joining houses one at the back and the one next door have jack Russells, when they are let out they jump up at the wall barking at my 2 which then sets them off back and because mine are louder people give me dirty looks! My 2 dont bark till one of the others start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

We had a similar problem with the neighbours dogs starting our off, and what i did was make a point of going out and calling mine in every time they barked. Not only did they get the message not to bark back but the other neighbours heard me calling them in so knew i was trying to do something about it unlike next door who just ignored their dogs barking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Fair play to you for putting your dogs in a run, I suggested this to them ages ago and they werent interested.

I think I'll build a run for my JR, that way he would be kept away from the fence, as thats the only time he joins in.

piperh wrote: »
    We had a similar problem with the neighbours dogs starting our off, and what i did was make a point of going out and calling mine in every time they barked. Not only did they get the message not to bark back but the other neighbours heard me calling them in so knew i was trying to do something about it unlike next door who just ignored their dogs barking.

This is what we do also, but they seem to allow theirs to bark away for long periods, which is annoying to say the least, and by the comment made by them, they seem to be ready to put part blame to my dog also.

Ok just bumping this, is there any point in sending a sol letter this has been going on for months and i think the dogs are being neg, they are never walked or cleaned and are very unhappy. They are left out all the time even in the hard weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Could you knock on their door and suggest you both walk the dogs together once every few days as them barking at each other is getting out of hand and you've had complaints. Neighbours dogs get walked and the dogs get to know each other without the fence between them, once each knows the other isn't a threat it should alleviate the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Ok just bumping this, is there any point in sending a sol letter this has been going on for months and i think the dogs are being neg, they are never walked or cleaned and are very unhappy. They are left out all the time even in the hard weather.

We have had success in the past with a warm letter expressing concern and asking if they need us to get a vet to their dogs as they seem to be distressed..

And way back an old man on a nearby farm had his dog chained outside and barking. I asked a neighbour if the man was ok ( we were deep in snow) or should I call the guards to get him checked up on..

In both cases, the barking stopped.

Advertisement