Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Abbey walkout!

Options
  • 28-07-2011 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

I know a lot here don't look at the KP, it does suck your will to live, but has anyone read the front page piece about a walk out where some priest was saying that there was a secular conspiracy including jews against the RCC. Then didn't seem to mind secular society capping their liability for child abuse compensation.

The KP website doesn't have the story so sorry, no link. I'm not going to buy it either, just can't bring myself to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

catbear wrote: »
    I know a lot here don't look at the KP, it does suck your will to live, but has anyone read the front page piece about a walk out where some priest was saying that there was a secular conspiracy including jews against the RCC. Then didn't seem to mind secular society capping their liability for child abuse compensation.

The KP website doesn't have the story so sorry, no link. I'm not going to buy it either, just can't bring myself to.

Hi there,

I saw this story over at http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?t=8983 and wanted to get confirmation on it. I presume KP = "Kilkenny People"? Which day's paper was this in? If anyone _could_ scan it in I'd be very grateful,

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Hi oceanclub, I don't have a scanner at the moment or a print copy of the paper. I'll see if I can sort something out though. The piece is on the front page of the Kilkenny People in shops since yesterday and should be available until next tuesday.

Edited to add: I just read about the Dominicans history, they were awarded by Rome the gig to carry out the Spanish inquisition so bating Jews and non Roman Catholics isn't new to them. Wow, so how soon will we see heretics boiling in baths of fat in the Black Abbey carpark?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I don't know whether it was all that spectacular. I skimmed the front page of the borefest in Supervalu and it said a man walked out and took his children with him and maybe another couple of people walked out shortly after. Hardly earth shattering.

What was earth shattering back in the day (1976) was when at 11 o clock mass in Freshford my then 17 year old sister got up and stalked out with a big flounce and dirty look at the priest to make it obvious that she disagreed with his sexist sermon. She was quickly followed by our eldest sister (18). Our mother was mortified. It didn't make the headline/front page of the KP then. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

That was big for 1976. Good for her.

It's really depressing to hear some older relatives saying the whole child abuse thing is made up by the media, I can't break bread with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

John Waters on the Irish Times made a commnet about Alan Shatter saying that the Justice minister shouldn't be bringing in laws which affect the seal of the confessional given he is a Jew and he referred to atheist ayatollah's of the Labour party.

Catbear, what was capped was the institutional abuse compensation amount given the state was involved in that - Gardai, the courts and state inspectors who inspected the institutions.
    If the state had not paid anything it would be neglecting the victims which it had a role in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement