Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending MYR to a bank account in Malaysia

Options
  • 28-07-2011 9:59am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was quite suprised to find out yesterday that BOI can not send MYR to a Maylasian bank account (only USD and EUR), its hardly a developing economy but there you go.

Does anyone know if any other bank (or An Post) do wire transfers or bank drafts in MYR ? I would be a non customer of another bank if that makes a difference.

In 2011 think its odd that Bank of Ireland will order in MYR cash if you want to buy it but can't send it electronically :confused:

Any help would be appareciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That's the first I've heard of it and I work for them. Did the FX person ring the Interpay desk to confirm this or did they just tell you?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Filled out a form at my local branch, they sent it to presumably the back office. Got a call the next day (presumably when they received it to process) and the girl said they can't send MYR to Malaysia.

Advertisement