Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would the attic have enough ventilation to release air with this fan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

It will be fine. There are loads of ventilation spots in the attic. The attic has to be ventilated so the roof timber does not rot. Therefore the wont be a build up.

Question. Why dont you put it on the brick wall and blow straight outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Paul.C wrote: »
    It will be fine. There are loads of ventilation spots in the attic. The attic has to be ventilated so the roof timber does not rot. Therefore the wont be a build up.

Question. Why dont you put it on the brick wall and blow straight outside?

I would like to reuse the heat. I will blow some of it down into rooms around the house during the winter - well that's the plan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

euser1984 wrote: »
    I would like to reuse the heat. I will blow some of it down into rooms around the house during the winter - well that's the plan anyway.

Seen that in operation - the fan kicks in when a room reaches the required temp, and transfers heat via 4" pipes elsewhere in house - works an absolute charm.

Have found that the best place for the inlet vent is directly above stove / rad etc.... Also i'd insulate the pipes in the attic - no sense in losing heat to your christmas decorations and old toys....

Advertisement