Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up US bought Kindle with UK website from Ireland

Options
  • 28-07-2011 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Apologies for starting yet another Kindle thread, but I can't find an answer to what I'm looking for.

I bought a kindle from the US as a gift for birthday boy and without realising the whole hoo-ha I purchased a gift voucher from the UK site thinking that ordering eBooks from there would be fine as there would be no physical delivery.

I am trying to get this set up before the weekend. The birthday boy does not have an amazon account so I'll be setting everything up from scratch and I have access to his 'sundries' email account.

I thought it would be as simple as opening an amazon account using a dummy UK address, then applying the gift voucher code to the account, and hey presto! Although having read the threads I am now lost in a world of cookies and caches.

Can anyone give me an a,b,c instruction? Apart from packing it up and returning it to the US because I'm too stupid to have one.... :cool:

Thank you. :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

1. Change the amazon address.
    2. Enter the credit card details
    3. Best way to do it is browse the store on your computer
    4. Save the books to your desktop and then transfer by USB

Amazon haven't contacted me since I used this method :D

Advertisement