Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Southern Sky Box and Card

• 28-07-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My mum and dad have a southern Sky box so that we get all the Hurling matches with RTE in the right location etc.

I have just bought a house and now I'm lookign for a southern box with expired card.

If anyone has one for sale drop me a PM. I have dual cable so Sky+ is preferrable.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

You will need a box with an active Irish subscription as the RTE channels are not free to air on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

ShaneOC wrote: »
    You will need a box with an active Irish subscription as the RTE channels are not free to air on Sky.

I was told that but thought it must be wrong.

I have an old UK box that the subscription died on years ago and I get BBC, ITV etc so I assumed the same would be true in the 26 counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Nope RTE are locked to subscription only whichc is an outrage but thats rte and sky for you...would you expect anything less from RIP off Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

What's a "Southern Sky Box" ?

EDIT: Just spotted the odd reference to this country so think I get it now.

There is no Irish Sky box; all Sky boxes are the same, giving the UK EPG when there's no card/subscription.

You need a Republic of Ireland subscription for the EPG to go "Irish"

Advertisement