Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Soffits/Facia fitter needed

• 28-07-2011 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I know there has been threads on this subject before but I don't want to dig up an old thread and have a mod complaining about "Zombie" threads.
    Can anybody recommend an installer in Dublin?
    So many cowboys out there doing this work, I think most of them graduated from the college of "Tarmac your driveway mam?" so I could really do with a recommendation rather than picking one from t'internet.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Question, is your house terraced, attached or detached. If its terraced then you may run into problems if the old gutter is cast iron etc. If its the other two then its handy enough.

Are you tacking straight onto the old wood facia and soffit or removing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

^^^^^^^^^?????????????

It won't matter a damn to a proper installer what the layout is, I'm extremely competent when it comes to working on the house and could in all probability tackle the job myself but in this case I would rather have a good reliable company do the job.
    Constructive answers please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

Andrew33 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^?????????????

It won't matter a damn to a proper installer what the layout is, I'm extremely competent when it comes to working on the house and could in all probability tackle the job myself but in this case I would rather have a good reliable company do the job.
    Constructive answers please.

Fair enough, Eurocell are the job. Your guaranteed good work and a call back if problems occur. They are suppliers and they subby work to top lads.

As for tackling it yourself, Unless your a tradesman that is familiar in the area then dont bother, even a competent lad can go wrong on large scale hipped, vallyed roofs. Some roofs are more challenging than others and it takes highly skilled lads to do a proper job in the time given.

Dont confuse tackling a job and doin a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Paul.C wrote: »

Dont confuse tackling a job and doin a good one

:rolleyes:

Advertisement