Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

goods only declaration - motor tax

• 28-07-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I'm not registered for VAT (part time/ way too small), can I use the herd number for this or has anyone tried?

The 4*4 isn't our main car, but we'd use it from time to time if we need to go somewhere as its the only thing kids stuff & dogs all fit into. I also use it to get to the other work during school holidays as I car share school term.

There is over €600 euro in the difference........ :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

scub wrote: »
    I'm not registered for VAT (part time/ way too small), can I use the herd number for this or has anyone tried?

The 4*4 isn't our main car, but we'd use it from time to time if we need to go somewhere as its the only thing kids stuff & dogs all fit into. I also use it to get to the other work during school holidays as I car share school term.

There is over €600 euro in the difference........ :mad:

Will you be using it for farming?

There was an article on the farmers journal a few months back which said that farmers should have no problem with the goods only declaration on a vehicle just so long as the PPS number that you put down is associated with the farm for tax purposes (ie. You have to be a farmer but you don't need to have a vat number).

So if you are a farmer and do farm account returns using your pps number, well then use your pps number.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scub

Yes, using it for farming. No PPS associated to the farm as I have it less than 1 year, so no income. Lots and lots of out goings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭theroad

Apart from the declaration (stamped by the gardai?) that you won't ever use the 4x4 for anything other than farming, you need proof of farming activity from the Revenue. What that means exactly seems to depend on who you deal with in the motor tax office. If your books are done by an accountant, I'd start with them. Otherwise ask and see what they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MOC1972

Hi I got my 4x4 taxed there last week in Galway City I have no vat number
    so they let me give a herd number.This form will last as long as you own the van or 4x4 over in the Hunting forum people said they use pps to tax theres give them a call maybe its differant where you are

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scub

Thanks for the replies got the form this evening signed, the garda hardly looked at it. I mumbled I did a bit of farming and that was the end of it.

My insurance quote was waiting for me this evening when I got home :eek: I'll be making a few calls to a few of those places mentioned from the hunting forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

A buddy of mine is in the process of getting a pig holding number to use on his new crew cab :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

scub wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies got the form this evening signed, the garda hardly looked at it. I mumbled I did a bit of farming and that was the end of it.

My insurance quote was waiting for me this evening when I got home :eek: I'll be making a few calls to a few of those places mentioned from the hunting forum.

I have comprehensive insurance with open driving for over 25 on a mitsubishi L200 for Eur350 from McSharry Foley in sligo - well worth pricing.

Advertisement