Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: Meteor plan issue

Options
  • 28-07-2011 11:41am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I bought a HTC Desire on an 18 month contract with Meteor, worked out at 30 euro a month, 200 mins calls and 200 texts to any network plus free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts and 1 gb of data a month.
    No problems with that at all.

However, looking in the Carphone Warehouse catalogue, followed by the Meteor website reveals the fact that the free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts it only for the first 12 months and now I am going to have them included in the regular calls and texts allowance.

I'm pretty pissed off as that was the only reason I went with Meteor in the first place and now I can see little reason to stay with them.
    I was not informed that the free calls and texts would expire after 12 onths at the time of the initial contract, in fact it was a big part of the ad campaign at the time.

So, what to do now?
    I have 6 months left on this contract before I can bail out and move to a better network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, what to do now?
    I have 6 months left on this contract before I can bail out and move to a better network.

I noticed this on the T&C's which is why I'll be going for a 12 month contract.

As this isn't an option for you now, my only advice would be to get an App that allows you to send webtexts from your phone.

Also, if some of your most called friends use smartphones, try and get it set up so that most of you have an app for free calls using your data allowance (this includes friends on other networks).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Try ringing their customer care and seeing if they will do anything for you. No harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

It mentioned a couple of times on their website, its for that reason that I got the same contract as you except I pay an extra fiver so that its only 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I bought a HTC Desire on an 18 month contract with Meteor, worked out at 30 euro a month, 200 mins calls and 200 texts to any network plus free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts and 1 gb of data a month.
    No problems with that at all.

However, looking in the Carphone Warehouse catalogue, followed by the Meteor website reveals the fact that the free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts it only for the first 12 months and now I am going to have them included in the regular calls and texts allowance.

I'm pretty pissed off as that was the only reason I went with Meteor in the first place and now I can see little reason to stay with them.
    I was not informed that the free calls and texts would expire after 12 onths at the time of the initial contract, in fact it was a big part of the ad campaign at the time.

So, what to do now?

to be honest it was advertised everywhere with it, but you should still have been told when signing up to the contract.
    regarding moving to a "better network" if your reason is because you won't have the free meteor calls and texts, then you still wont have it on any other network, so defo give customer care a ring and id imagine they would give it to you since you were not informed of it.

Advertisement