Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fish mongers in Howth

Options
  • 28-07-2011 11:43am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Which do you prefer for quality and value? I'm out here for a few hours and plan to buy a few bits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I'm a fan of Nicky's Place (Plaice?)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

I like to buy my fish at Doran's and have tapas at Octopussy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

There's two or three on the West Pier alone. Take a ramble down and see what you think. I've used Nicky's Plaice a bit, but there might be a deal on for what you're looking for in the other places.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thanks. I've tried a few of them before alright. Probably head back to nicks' and keep an eye out for any specials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Beshoffs
    Wrights
    Mulloys
    Dorans
    Nicky's Plaice
    Reids

I'd go for Nicky's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

+1 for nicky's plaice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

+1 to Mulloys. they give great deals via twitter and are sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Nicky for value but the grade is small so I go to Doran or Reids if I want large fillets. I haven't checked out Mulloys. I never go near Beshoffs or Wrights, rip off price wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 starsinmyeyes

Nicky's plaice not as commercial as others, great staff & value

Advertisement