Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World University Games

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

Yup, looks like 5th.

Did Kourush just go clear at 2.18m or 2.20m on the first attempt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Yup, looks like 5th.

Did Kourush just go clear at 2.18m or 2.20m on the first attempt?

5th in new PB 45.96. 2 PBs in a major championships at the end of a long season what more can you want from an athlete. Fantastic result

2.18 in first attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

Any update on Fouroghi in the HJ?

I haven't seen him on the live feed in a while and the bar seems to have moved to 2.23m. Did he clear 2.20m?

Cheers,

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Any update on Fouroghi in the HJ?

I haven't seen him on the live feed in a while and the bar seems to have moved to 2.23m. Did he clear 2.20m?

Cheers,

S

Joint 9th with 3 fails at 2.20

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

looks like 7th for Foster in final of 200m.

Great performance to make final....good championships for her overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

Enjoyed these championships, plenty of good performances. The Irish performed very well, hopefully the Seniors can keep the good performances going in Daegu. I was a little disappointed with Eurosports coverage as it kicked of at noon when a fair of the finals were already completed.

I was very surprised to see the emergence of Turkey. They got gold in all womens distance events (1500, Steeplechase, 5k & 10k) and the mens javelin.

In the mens 100, I still don't think the jamaican guy was first cross the line I think the Lithuanian guy pipped him. In the mens 10k, the russian guy went for it from the gun and had built up a big lead but eventually the heat and humidity got to him and he was passed with 200metres to go and subsequently collapsed and was a DNF, he deserved more for his efforts. Was very happy to see Andy Vernon win gold in the 5k, he didn't look the best in the heats but he came good in the final.

I wonder will the conditions be as tough in Daegu?

Advertisement