Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Period Charges

Options
  • 28-07-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

We moved house back in May. Rang Eircom and told them we were moving and they offered us a new package with half price line rental and all the rest. That's fine we have recieved that and are happy.

This morning we got our two monthly bill and it was for E123.53. I rang eircom and the man on the phone explained everything to me but these part period charges are so frustrating.

Before we moved we were told we'd be moved for free. We had credit from our last bill of E32.22. Now I see we've been charged for moving the internet of E47.56. Can you please explain to me these part period charges and why if we were told we'd be moved for free do we have to pay it?

We both have low incomes and I feel we should have been informed of this once off payment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

We moved house back in May. Rang Eircom and told them we were moving and they offered us a new package with half price line rental and all the rest. That's fine we have recieved that and are happy.

This morning we got our two monthly bill and it was for E123.53. I rang eircom and the man on the phone explained everything to me but these part period charges are so frustrating.

Before we moved we were told we'd be moved for free. We had credit from our last bill of E32.22. Now I see we've been charged for moving the internet of E47.56. Can you please explain to me these part period charges and why if we were told we'd be moved for free do we have to pay it?

We both have low incomes and I feel we should have been informed of this once off payment.

Hi Techno_Toaster,

Can you PM your telephone number or account number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

sent them thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

sent them thanks

Hi,

PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johsc

Hey did you get ur bill sorted with Eircom? I have just received my second bill with the part period charges which raised the cost from €55 as per the offer to nearly €80. When we called Eircom twice it wasn't explained at all and I felt like i was talking to the wall!! Now I understand why people are reluctant to sign up to Eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

johsc wrote: »
    Hey did you get ur bill sorted with Eircom? I have just received my second bill with the part period charges which raised the cost from €55 as per the offer to nearly €80. When we called Eircom twice it wasn't explained at all and I felt like i was talking to the wall!! Now I understand why people are reluctant to sign up to Eircom!

Hi johsc,

Thank you for your post. Can you PM your home phone and eircom Account number so I can look into your query.

Regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement