Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from radio 5 times

Options
  • 28-07-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Yet again ive been banned from radio by the same mod
    reason/questioning a mod.
    Simply redicilous do we have a freedom of speech or is it pro rather than anti when it comes to comments weather a mod likes it or not despite the fact thats whats been posted is true and in the press and on the web.
    This particular mod seems to suggest its ok to post up negative things one minute and threatens people with bans the next this is not acceptable and does not balance the fairness please look at the ryan tubridy radio thread and the last few pages andsee the comments from when the mod jumps in with his threats

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

jimmynokia wrote: »
    ...do we have a freedom of speech...
    No, we don't.

As to your dispute: a category moderator will be along to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

oscarBravo wrote: »
    No, we don't.

As to your dispute: a category moderator will be along to deal with it.

No we dont? So where is the line drawn as to actually what you can freely speak,even at that whats the limit to simply posting something thats out there.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No we dont? So where is the line drawn as to actually what you can freely speak,even at that whats the limit to simply posting something thats out there.
    The line is drawn broadly by the site's terms of use, which you agreed to when you created your account, and more specifically by the charters of the individual forums.

As to this particular dispute: again, a category moderator will deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Heya,

Can you link to the particular instances and also what lead you to getting banned? I will have a look at the Tubridy radio thread now to get an idea.

Will

edit - Had a quick read through. You were banned for questioning a moderator decision, you were previously warned that your constant negative posting about tubridy was wearing thin. I'm not overly familiar with the radio forum but from what I can see any issue you seem to have had is in that forum and within that thread.

If the Radio mods could wade in with their view point too that'd be great.

Will wrote: »
    Heya,

Can you link to the particular instances and also what lead you to getting banned? I will have a look at the Tubridy radio thread now to get an idea.

Will

edit - Had a quick read through. You were banned for questioning a moderator decision, you were previously warned that your constant negative posting about tubridy was wearing thin. I'm not overly familiar with the radio forum but from what I can see any issue you seem to have had is in that forum and within that thread.

If the Radio mods could wade in with their view point too that'd be great.

its in the last 2 or 3 pages of that thread one months ban is simply ureal for posting the truth and for the fifth time,been singled out is more like it.
    Plus he has not made it visible to others he banned me for a month,something to hide?like the truth.

• Advertisement

its in the last 2 or 3 pages of that thread one months ban is simply ureal for posting the truth and for the fifth time,been singled out is more like it.
    Plus he has not made it visible to others he banned me for a month,something to hide?like the truth.

I don't think the mod in question had anything to hide. The thing is, the opinions about Ryan Tubridy are subjective. To try imply they are the truth (or vice versa) is going to be quite difficult. Also, I don't believe you are being singled out, you appear to be posting in a similar style ad naseam in the thread despite repeated warnings from the moderator.

Will PM the mods and ask for their input on the thread as they may not be aware of this thread.

I was told to stop making personal remarks so have others this has stopped. In relation to this ban if you read through the replys from the last warning its evident people are not allowed simply state the truth and Whats printed on our daily newspapers,Whats wrong with that tubs is a twitter freak ok and gets abuse for it and complains about it on radio Thats his own doing and continues to do it so for him his solution is get off twitter and shut up repeating in day in day out. Whats evident here from the last we are simply not allowed say Whats already been said which is unfair and the pro rather than anti comment only simply does not balance if Thats the case there should be no threads allowed against individuals in or out of the public eye allowed when it comes to this particular moderator. Currently there is many threads on individuals and if this mod was in control everybody would be banned.

I think the above issue is really more suited to Feedback or a PM between you and the mods i.e how the forum is run. We're here to discuss your ban that you got for questioning a moderator on thread and disregarding what they asked of you previous.

At this stage I'm happy enough to uphold the ban on the above basis and that you've also been banned previously for similar. The mods appear to be lenient enough in past occurrences.

Admin can take over from here.

Advertisement