Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re new ISP restrictions, is UTV internet blocking sites

• 28-07-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I am a subscriber to UTV internet and last night I was trying to connect to a torrent search engine to download a legit free opensource file. I was unable to connect so figuring this was simply this site I tried numerous similar sites and was still unable to connect. I resorted to using TOR via the firefox plugin to obscure my traffic from my ISP and was able to connect first time. Has anyone else noticed a cracking down on certain sites by UTV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Pirate Bay was down for the last 24hrs or so, if that was one of your sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭munkifisht

I was on PB and noticed just that, but it was any torrent site I could think off. I tried at least 10, but when I went trying them with TOR on I had no issues.

Advertisement