Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Montenegro

• 28-07-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭

Spent a few weeks in Montenegro recently. Bit difficult to get out shooting when you spend most of your time on the beach and have two frequently irate children (and an occasionally irate wife) with you, but I managed a few ...

5952073892_07fa0f843a_z.jpg

5941437260_a5b9f713a9_z.jpg

5943905573_fd29ab07ce_z.jpg

5937698305_d37e9f0500_z.jpg

5919429161_e0490462aa_z.jpg

5975812974_07f8517cf4_z.jpg

Flickr set ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/dairequinlan/sets/72157627114915833/with/5927974238/

and shiny new 500px portfolio (ooo shiny !) http://dairequinlan.500px.com

Kodak ektar | portra 400, most shot with either the nikkor 50mm 1.4 or a 20->35 2.8

feel free to C&C if you want.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

What's all the stuff flying around in the third picture?

I'm really not a fan of "urban decay" but I like the second one - the comparison of the kid's water-slide leading into an empty pit with a kid walking along-side it is quite good. The rest might as well be "yellowing laundromat" - apologies if that's too harsh but I think you're smart enough to know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Promac wrote: »

Clouds?

You should be well used to seeing them in Ireland :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Dirty sensor... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I actually wish your son wasn't in the 2nd. It kind of removes the photo from the theme you have going for this thread. All the other photos have no people in them. On flickr though the photos are great, I like the building numbers thing you have going.

Is that the new portra your using?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I'm really not a fan of "urban decay" but I like the second one - the comparison of the kid's water-slide leading into an empty pit with a kid walking along-side it is quite good. The rest might as well be "yellowing laundromat" - apologies if that's too harsh but I think you're smart enough to know what I mean.

Birds. Thousands and thousands of birds. There are two islands, one of them seems to be a nesting ground for swallows so the air is thick with them.
    I know what you mean about the theme, I just prefer them to the more anodyne postcardy pictures, or family shots, of which I have a metric ton as well. Or, god forbid, bizarrely proportioned pictures of me ...

5979385438_c6cdee92d5_z.jpg

dazftw wrote: »
    I actually wish your son wasn't in the 2nd. It kind of removes the photo from the theme you have going for this thread. All the other photos have no people in them. On flickr though the photos are great, I like the building numbers thing you have going.

The 500px thing that I was doing just has the people-less shots, with that exception as well. I think he gives a bit of scale, and he's appropriately anonymous as well so it's not really a family shot per-say.
    Is that the new portra your using?

Sure is. Not too sure I like it in 35mm. I never really got on with the old 400nc, I could never colour correct it properly in 35mm for some reason, even though I had no problems with 160nc. In 120 though It's quite lovely ...

5985291781_48f8421d45_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I'm actually getting more and more interested in themes. It's quite tough to go to somewhere visually interesting and not snap like a maniac. There's a real pressure to produce great photographs and I think using a theme would just ease that pressure enough to make it a fun pass-time instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I've already seen many of these over on Flickr. I must say that photographs taken with colour film can be such beautiful things.

Are you still Fuji X-Press'ing yourself at home? Bought the kit but found the process so time consuming and tedious that I've hardly used it... as much as I love the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I think using a theme would just ease that pressure enough to make it a fun pass-time instead.

These more or less came out in the wash when I was looking through the rolls I'd shot, but yeah, I find thinking in a specific way serves to focus the mind nicely. Limitations are your friend, whether it be a theme you've selected, or even at it's most basic, ensuring you're not burdened down with gear going out. Nothing kills the vibe so much as fumbling with lenses and bodies.
    jpb1974 wrote: »
    Are you still Fuji X-Press'ing yourself at home? Bought the kit but found the process so time consuming and tedious that I've hardly used it... as much as I love the results.

Yeah I do all my colour still myself. Nothing beats €1 a roll for scratch and fingerprint development :-) I do up new batchs only every 5 rolls or so, so most dev sessions I just have to warm up the batch I have already mixed up. I really need some temperature controlled bath though, it'd make things easier still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

Yeah I do all my colour still myself. Nothing beats €1 a roll for scratch and fingerprint development :-) I do up new batchs only every 5 rolls or so, so most dev sessions I just have to warm up the batch I have already mixed up. I really need some temperature controlled bath though, it'd make things easier still.

Put your dev tank in a tray of water with one of these in it:
    http://www.novadarkroom.com/product/346/Novatronic_Heater.html

Advertisement