Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Fest succes/failure?

• 28-07-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Not to be overly cynical about things but I have a bad feeling that this music festival isn't going to be much of a success.

I wish the best to everyone organising and attending but from rumours of low ticket sales to the pictures today of the position of the stage I feel there may be a few problems.

Anyone with an inside track on this with regard to stopping people just hanging around on the cork road vicinity to get a free concert, the position of the stage (according to the pictures facing the carpark, eliminating the pitch and stands as part of the venue) and most importantly ticket sales?

is there going to be enough money generated from this to cover the presumably high costs.

Like I said I wish the best to all those involved but cant help but get a bad feeling about it all....am I alone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd assume the 12ft high fence they'll be constructing will stop people hanging out and getting a free concert. They'll be aiming to break even this year with a view of expanding next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Is this thread possibly a few days premature? Surely we should let the event actually happen before passing judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

this kind of mindlessly negative thread wrecks my buzz and just smacks of begrudgery. jonnyfingers is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Waterford Music Fest succes/failure?

it cant be either until it has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

old gregg wrote: »
    this kind of mindlessly negative thread wrecks my buzz and just smacks of begrudgery. jonnyfingers is right.

I was waiting for this kind of thing which is why I clearly stated above that I wish all of those involved well, but I'm worried about how its going to turn out on the day. I would love to have a yearly huge music event in Waterford but if the first one doesn't go so well there's not much chance of that is there.

I suppose the day itself will tell you're right.

I dont see whats mindlessly negative about voicing a few concerns?

How about some compliments to balance it out??

Congrats on organising an event in Waterford with world wide stars for reasonably priced ticket!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

They never stood a chance of succeeding in this town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Stage had to have been changed or moved. The base was parallel to the road when I was walking home from work yesterday. Kinda confusing trying to picture the layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

If all the acts show up and put on a good concert, then it's a success. The Music Fest is not a one-off. They have a five-year plan, and even if they take a hit on this first attempt, lessons will be learned for next year and the very fact that the acts have shown up will ensure less negativity next year.

They've done incredibly well just to get to the point that they're erecting a huge stage. Let's hope it goes well for everyone. This city needs it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I reckon this will be an interesting topic after Saturday but is definately too early to judge it as a success/failure and I still think allot of people are going to arrive on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

old gregg wrote: »

Begrudgery has got to be the most over used word on this website. Many times it is used incorrectly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Can someone do a scan of boards and see which forum uses 'begrudgery' the most? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I'm not being smart, but there is a huge thread on the music festival on the first page of this forum. Why would you start a new thread that is not only premature (can't we at least wait for the concert to happen before we judge it a failure?), but that's also about a topic that already has a thread right in front of your eyes?

If you really feel it's necessary, feel free to start a new thread after the concert has happened, and get people's opinions then. For now, the original music thread is active enough for you to post in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement