Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go after Races on Saturday night

Options
  • 28-07-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi Im a galway races virgin and a few of us are heading down on saturday for the races, just realised the last race is just after 5pm so what happens afterwards? does everyone pile back into the city?

We are 7 girls around 30-34 looking for somewhere buzzy and lively to go to. Any recs please ? Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭squonk

My house!! :). Seriously, a lot of people head back into town. There are a few things on like a free gig in Dominick St. and Shop St. will be hopping so I'd say ye'll have no hassle. If it's nice, get a few cannies and head down to the Spanish Arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Jaybee

Do you know the names of any bars we should head to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Nah, most people head up to Tuam, better parties up there.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

I'd avoid city centre and go to the west side, usually less crowded, even during Race Week. Monroes, Roisin Dubh, Blue Note and Massimo's but depends what kind of pubs you like. If you've got the fancy dresses and shoes on and wouldn't mind a crowd, you'd probably prefer Busker Browne or Front Door on Cross St, just off Quay St.

:)

Advertisement