Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA in Tipp

Options
  • 28-07-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Only 9 entries from Tipp in the NAMA list.
    No mention of the Anner Hotel as mentioned in another thread here..

List is available here: http://namawinelake.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/namaenforcement.pdf

Edit: This list is those subject to enforcement action only, perhaps the Anner is on the complete list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

See where it says about the Poppyfiled Retail Park, it says "single" under number of completed units. Does that mean only one unit in the park is in Nama?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

See where it says about the Poppyfiled Retail Park, it says "single" under number of completed units. Does that mean only one unit in the park is in Nama?

Looks that way, maybe its the place that used to be Tubs n Tiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

julyjane wrote: »
    Looks that way, maybe its the place that used to be Tubs n Tiles?
    Could be Slatterys aswel,doesn't the guy that owned the nama outlet in Clerahan also own Slatterys ?

Its Supervalu :confused: Would Musgrave not own the premises? They are in the process of buying the Superquinn chain at the moment. Centra are also owned by Musgrave and their shop in Clerihan is closing. Mere Coincidence???

Article here.

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/business/clonmel_supermarket_put_up_for_sale_by_nama_1_2927339
    Clonmel supermarket put up for sale by NAMA

Published on Wednesday 3 August 2011 11:27

One of Clonmel’s main supermarkets is among a list of buildings and properties which have been put ùp for sale by NAMA.

The National Assets Management Agency published a list of properties for sale last week and on the Tipperary list was the Super Valu supermarket, at the Poppyfields Retail Park, in Clonmel.

Also on the list is a commercial premises on Queen Street, Clonmel, a commercial premises in Clerihan, developments which has not yet commenced at Old Bridge, Clonmel, Deerpark Cashel, and Monroe East Ardfinnan.

The list includes a number of residential premises in Aherlow and Ballina, in North Tipperary.

The Poppyfields premises has been in receivership for some time and is being offered for sale by the statutory receiver, by private treaty. The supermarket continues to trade.

Expressions of interest have been invited for submission before 12 noon on Thursday, August 4.

The former Centra store in Clerihan is also in receivership and has been closed to customers for several months. It is for sale by private treaty and expressions of interest are again to be submitted by 12 noon on Thursday.

The receiver for both premises is Declan Taite (Statutory Receiver) RSM Farrell Grant Sparks.

Receivers for the Queen Street property are Grant Thornton.

Almost 1,000 properties were put up for sale by NAMA, last Thursday, ranging from quarries and creches to city apartments.

Bosses at NAMA insisted they were not running a ‘fire sale’ and are keeping asking prices and bids confidential, but it is expected that many properties on the list will have to be sold at seriously discounted prices.

Potential investors are being advised that if they see a property they are interested in, on the NAMA website listing, that they contact the receiver handling the sale. The sale will function like any normal property sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

As far as I know all units within the Poppyfields were originally owned by a development company (including the Clonmel Park Hotel), with the units leased out.

Musgrave's up to now were wholesalers, whom supply to individual shop owners, who took out a franchise be it Centra, Supervalu etc.

Supervalu in the Poppyfields and Centra in Clerhian , were owned and run by the same developers, however I understand that the parties involved fell out and NAMA have been left carrying the can so to speak and most properly appointed the receivers to the development company, as they've done elsewhere where developers aren't engaging with them.

There's loads more property in Tipperary in NAMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Halfshaft

So does the Clonmel Park Hotel belong to nama?

Halfshaft wrote: »
    So does the Clonmel Park Hotel belong to nama?

Not 100% sure, most of the more recent new hotels were built by tax partnerships and leased to hotel operators, built with borrowed money.I'm only guessing but there is a fair chance the hotel was used for tax purposes against the rental income of the retail park. It all depends on which bank funded the building of the hotel. If Bank of Scotland, then it would't be in NAMA as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

Its Supervalu :confused: Would Musgrave not own the premises? They are in the process of buying the Superquinn chain at the moment. Centra are also owned by Musgrave and their shop in Clerihan is closing. Mere Coincidence???

Article here.

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/business/clonmel_supermarket_put_up_for_sale_by_nama_1_2927339
    who is commercial premises in Queen Street?
    and where does it say super valu in poppy fields. I only see retail?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

MapForJ wrote: »

Would someone have paid top euro for the old Chadwicks building with the intention of developing it?

archtech wrote: »
    As far as I know all units within the Poppyfields were originally owned by a development company (including the Clonmel Park Hotel), with the units leased out.
    I heard it was J Ronan or he was involved

• Advertisement

Would someone have paid top euro for the old Chadwicks building with the intention of developing it?
    is there some way to find out who owns a building from local authority?

and where does it say super valu in poppy fields. I only see retail?

Supervalu is in the business of retailing and part of the retail element of the poppyfields, last time i checked.
    It was bought for a fair amount (can't remember the exact amount) a number of years ago and was subject to a major planning application for a mixed development which was refused by An Bord Pleanala. There's almost 2 acres in the site as far as I know. The site alone would properly not have ended up in NAMA, but, it a developer ended up in NAMA all his relevant borrowings go to NAMA.
    I heard it was J Ronan or he was involved
    It's not Johnny Ronan of Treasury Holdings but Jack Ronan(cousin) as far as I know that was involved in the poppyfields.
    is there some way to find out who owns a building from local authority?

the best place to find out the owners of the site is the land registry .

Supervalu is in the business of retailing and part of the retail element of the poppyfields, last time i checked.

check again . all of the businesses in the poppyfields are retailing. Where in the NAMA file does it say that supervalu is the retailer referrred to?

I was only told J Ronan so expect you are right there

Where in the NAMA file does it say that supervalu is the retailer referrred to?
    it doesn't what it says is the Poppyfield Retail Park which comprises of Supervalu, Woodies,etc. The business model for most retail parks around the country was (and still is) units were leased by the tenants, on long term leases, rather that purchased, with an option to by after so many years, usually 10, 15 or 25. I don't think the Poppyfield was any different and all the information I have doesn't suggest otherwise, including supervalu.

it doesn't what it says is the Poppyfield Retail Park which comprises of Supervalu, Woodies,etc. The business model for most retail parks around the country was (and still is) units were leased by the tenants, on long term leases, rather that purchased, with an option to by after so many years, usually 10, 15 or 25. I don't think the Poppyfield was any different and all the information I have doesn't suggest otherwise, including supervalu.
    ok i am just curious how the media named supervalu i assumed it was named in the nama file

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

That supervalu was mentioned in the last but one edition of the phoneix magazine,cant remember the full jist but it seems this Ronan guy was in patnership in two supervalv stores and are now sueing the ar*e of each other,hey,NAMA might even pick up their legal fees.

Advertisement