Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SATA Laptop drive

Options
  • 28-07-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I can get a cheap (or free) second hand SATA laptop drive, a neighbours daughters drive packed up the other day and all I can find is IDE drives, I'll be reinstalling some OS for her on it if I can get one cheap, it doesn't need to be huge.
    Any ideas ??

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I don't know where you're finding IDE drives, they're damn rare these days. amazon.co.uk is your friend. make sure the seller is amazon and not a market place seller and you'll get free delivery for orders over £25. also you're looking for a 2.5" hdd I'd suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I don't know where you're finding IDE drives, they're damn rare these days. amazon.co.uk is your friend. make sure the seller is amazon and not a market place seller and you'll get free delivery for orders over £25. also you're looking for a 2.5" hdd I'd suspect.

Thanks for that but I dont want to pay too much as this woman is skint, I'm doing the work for free, so a second hand one would be best.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

I have a couple of old ones knocking around the house somewhere. Probably taken out of a PS3 so either a 40GB,60Gb or 80GB not sure. Where are you based?

I'm in Dublin

21/25

I'll have a look later and see what I have for you.

• Advertisement

Okay, I have a Seagate 40GB 5400RPM and a Toshiba 80GB 5400, doing nothing here. I could send one up to you if you want. They aren't worth much so any amount you think via paypal to cover postage and packaging will do me.

PM sent, thanks a million I appreciate it

21/25

Advertisement