Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish women cycling jersey

• 28-07-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭

Im just wondering were i could get an irish cycling jersey for a women. And if by any chance do they come sleeveless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

If you are looking for an actual cycling team jersey, they will not come sleeveless as you can't ride a road races sleeveless unless you are a trilathlete. I would alo be very surprised if you could find women's irish team jersey. As far as I know they only come in unisex.

If you are looking for a irish team triathlon jersey: they sell them in wheelworx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Sleeveless would be against rule #7....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

You've quoted from the wrong rules there Tiny. Perhaps the OP meant shortsleeved rather than sleeveless:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

The new Rás na mBan jersey was launched recently - but I think ya gotta win it and not buy it :)

Happy to be contradicted on that, I'd love to get my hands on it!

http://womenscycling.ie/blog/2011/07/18/an-post-ras-na-mban-jersey-launched/

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

some gear here.....

http://www.all4cycling.com/shop/nationalteamsirishnational-c-663_553.html

but none of it seems to be women specific, nor (thank god) sleeveless ;)

is it a present? we could probably recommend something nicer......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I saw a jersey from http://womenscycling.ie at the Ring of Kerry, not sure if this is what the OP is looking for.
    Can't find info on the site about where to get the jersey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

Lemag wrote: »
    You've quoted from the wrong rules there Tiny. Perhaps the OP meant shortsleeved rather than sleeveless:confused:

The OP clearly stated sleeveless, Tiny quoted the correct rules, There's no perhaps!

The OP clearly stated sleeveless, Tiny quoted the correct rules, There's no perhaps!

There's 2 sets of rules is what I think Lemag meant, the Official Rules of the Euro Cyclist and the Velominati Rules which are a little less specific, and American, which makes them a bit less relevant, but still a useful resource!

What's with the hostility? I didn't dispute that the OP had stated a preferance for sleeveless. I merely suggested the possibility that the OP may have been mistaken with such a statement. Regarding the rules, The Euro Rules, as linked by Tiny, are the only rules observed on boards :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

My wife wears castelli and etxeondo sleeveless jerseys..they're rather fetching and very cool!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭robs1

Sorry yes it is for a present.my sister lives in australia and wants one.yes i did mean sleeveless. euro rules dont apply because she is flying the flag abroad and its out of the euro zone ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭fat bloke

hi ya, we have women's cycling specific kit - we got a limited amount of kit done to use it to promote women's racing. my email address is valerieconsidine@gmail.com; if you're interested we have some left.

robs1 wrote: »
    Sorry yes it is for a present.my sister lives in australia and wants one.yes i did mean sleeveless. euro rules dont apply because she is flying the flag abroad and its out of the euro zone ;-)

The rules apply worldwide -particularly so now in Australia since Cuddle won the tour ;)

-Seriously though, the other posters are giving you all the advice you need on the subject :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

fat bloke wrote: »
    hi ya, we have women's cycling specific kit - we got a limited amount of kit done to use it to promote women's racing. my email address is valerieconsidine@gmail.com; if you're interested we have some left.

If it's the white and pink women's cycling ireland kit it's lovely. Twould be a cracking present.

fat bloke wrote: »
    my email address is valerieconsidine@gmail.com
    Well that was a bit unexpected :pac:

OP, do you know of anyone who would be good enough with a needle and thread to alter a shortsleeve jersey to your sister's liking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

OP, do you know of anyone who would be good enough with a needle and thread to alter a shortsleeve jersey to your sister's liking?

I could do it...

TheTubes wrote: »
    Solved!! Thank f*%# I went with the other Boards jersey order :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭robs1

Thanks for all the help guys.i went out to wheelworx this morning and got something there.thanks for the reply "fat bloke"but by looking at your e mail address your not doing yourself justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭fat bloke

robs1 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help guys.i went out to wheelworx this morning and got something there.thanks for the reply "fat bloke"but by looking at your e mail address your not doing yourself justice
    Well that was a bit unexpected :pac:

Ah....

what-the-fcuk???

-Mental note. Log out of boards when away from computer!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement