Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 month accommodation because of placement

Options
  • 28-07-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

So just wondering what any of you guys have done in this situation in the past. Going into 3rd yr engineering and will be leaving galway for cork for p.e.p in april. Is it easy to get shorter contracts for accomodation or do most people end up having to pay for a full college term even if they arent around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Rob! wrote: »
    So just wondering what any of you guys have done in this situation in the past. Going into 3rd yr engineering and will be leaving galway for cork for p.e.p in april. Is it easy to get shorter contracts for accomodation or do most people end up having to pay for a full college term even if they arent around.

Hey, I'm just finishing up my PEP in Dublin now and I can safely say it was a pain in the a*se trying to get accomodation for the shortened year. In the end, myslef and the other 2 guys I lived with ( both doing PEP this year as well) had to meet a landlord half way and take the house for 8 months. Try to make contact with as many landlords as possible to see who is willing to take you on for as close as you can get for the 7 months, and who won't even budge from the standard 9.

Advertisement