Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August weekend

Options
  • 28-07-2011 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hey all

Will be in Sligo town for the weekend. I was there about ten years ago there was a great festival on for the weekend. Is there anything on this weekend?? Looking for live music and beer :)

Thanks all ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    No

Fair play. Thanks for the contribution :cool:

Anyhoo...

There's an Americana night in McGarrigles on Saturday, Oddsocks Revival (local good time rocknroll band) play the Garavogue too as well as an awesome band called Layne County (alt country/rocknroll) playing in the Trades Club on Castle St. All on Saturday, but Layne County starting around 9:30, where as oddsocks will probably be a bit later.
    There'll be plenty on without doubt. And the Layne Co. gig is byob, so you can choose your own poison...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    No

Jesus Christ!! If that's all you have to contribute, then fuck off will ya?

There's enough whingers complaining and moaning about Sligo without another bell end sticking their oar in with a one word post.:mad:

The garavogue are running good music over the weekend, and are generally the only place to be for decent bands. They will also run late bars on the weekend too which is a bonus.

If its good live music that you're after, then it really would be the place to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jajjay

Lots of good pubs and a few clubs!

For the morning after, I would recommend a walk in:

Strandhill, with maybe a good breakfast in Shells or Bella Vista, later in the day, lunch in The Venue.

Rossespoint, lovely beach for a walk and good sea air, never had a breakfast out their, but I am sure the Hotel does one.

Hazelwood... my favourite, a fantastic forest walk that trails the shores of Lough Gill, An absolutely fantastic place.

Mullaghmore...... About 15 miles from Sligo, but well worth the trip... lovely walk around the headland!

Dunmoran Beach... lovely beach out the direction of Ballina

Glencar Waterfall... Also a lovely place....

When your finished seeing all these, you will be well able for another night on the session!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

jajjay wrote: »
    Lots of good pubs and a few clubs!

For the morning after, I would recommend a walk in:

Strandhill, with maybe a good breakfast in Shells or Bella Vista, later in the day, lunch in The Venue.

Rossespoint, lovely beach for a walk and good sea air, never had a breakfast out their, but I am sure the Hotel does one.

Hazelwood... my favourite, a fantastic forest walk that trails the shores of Lough Gill, An absolutely fantastic place.

Mullaghmore...... About 15 miles from Sligo, but well worth the trip... lovely walk around the headland!

Dunmoran Beach... lovely beach out the direction of Ballina

Glencar Waterfall... Also a lovely place....

When your finished seeing all these, you will be well able for another night on the session!!!

It sounds nice now sure, but when I've got a banging head on me, last thing I think would help me would be a walk. Too much hard work..... Back to the pub is the job.....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

there's a triathlon in rosses point on sunday, over 350 people taking part will be a good buzz out there for it.

Advertisement