Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So it's ladies day in Galway.

Options
  • 28-07-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

Will there be hapes of women around the town tonight? More women to men ratio than usual? What age group? Young? Where would be the best places/clubs to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I just see one I like walking on the street and follow her around all night in the hopes that she'll talk to me.

Panting heavily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Red_Wake wrote: »
    I just see one I like walking on the street and follow her around all night in the hopes that she'll talk to me.

Panting heavily.

Bit weird. How does that tend to work out?

Samich wrote: »
    Bit weird. How does that tend to work out?

Great.

Not so much as a court appearance so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jacksprat

Samich wrote: »
    Will there be hapes of women around the town tonight? More women to men ratio than usual? What age group? Young? Where would be the best places/clubs to go?

YEA! there'l be absolutely HAPES of women in Gtown tonight! about 12 women to a man! of all ages,especially underage but not young!

EVERYONE HAS ALL THE SEX WITH ALL THE LADIES ON LADIES DAY

clown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

OP - Don't mind them.

The best place to go for the ladies is Seapoint club in Salthill.

When you get there, ask for the back room, and don't forget the secret codeword - 'Bingo' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Quay Street...all ages, you'll have a ball!

Quay Street...all ages, you'll have a ball!

He's looking for a women mate, not organising a 5 a side.

Need any tips on how to stalk women OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

The shhhhhtate of some people around town today :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Amazing how the same oul' cows manage to manipulate their way in front of the cameras year after year. It would be better of the papers had photos of what they look like around Quay Street at about 2am after their 12 hour shifts of drinking and staggering around in unwearable high hells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ethernet wrote: »
    The shhhhhtate of some people around town today :eek:

+1

TBH, I haven't seen any "ladies" as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Still good crowd on shop street :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

celty wrote: »
    Amazing how the same oul' cows manage to manipulate their way in front of the cameras year after year. It would be better of the papers had photos of what they look like around Quay Street at about 2am after their 12 hour shifts of drinking and staggering around in unwearable high hells.

+1. There's a certain selection of women who just love getting their photos in the Advertiser, Independent, or anything else that's printed.

It's quite sad that their lives entail being seen in certain places.

And have to laugh at all the fake-tanned heifers who think they're pure shtyle in their flowery dresses and fake tan, only to be seen with burger sauce going down one of the straps of said garment at 3a.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

And of course there is the aftermath of Ladies day..!

This was my journey this morning at 5am on the bicycle.

At teh Clybaun a group of fellas and girls with assorted traffic cones and roadsigns .. They were being quiet...!

a rat scurried across the road in front of me at the hospital - went to run him over but missed..

Got a puncture on the bridge.. While taking the back wheel off I was accosted by 3 ladies .. They in dresses that short that I had a full on conversation with their underwear when I was releasing the scewer ! It was all a bit of banter and they were well oiled.. !

A lad on the Tuam road - Suit on .. Looked to gotton sick on himself or had drink spilt on him was just plodding along - hands in his pockets head down... The Boulevard of Broken Dreams came to mind...!

My commute is never this good in fairness - Ahhhh Race Week eh...:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

kraggy wrote: »
    only to be seen with burger sauce going down one of the straps of said garment at 3a.m.

Is "burger sauce" code for something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

It really is sad that the same people need to be in the local and national papers each and every year. One woman and her two daughters immediately come to my mind, they must get into the same pages of the same local rags each and every year for at least a decade.

Surely, if there are over 40,000 people out there, the same few heifirs cannot be the same ones parading themselves in front of the cameras each and every year. Or are they just the most loud and self-obsessed? And are the photographers just lazy,taking the photos of the exact same yokes?

I'm just glad I didn't have to go near Quay Street at 10 o'clock last night or, by the sounds of it, drive across town to view the wreckage at 5 or 6 am.

Still, I suppose all these well-oiled youngsters in suits and mini-skirts are doing their bit to get us out of the economic mess caused by the FFers.

At least they don't fly in via helicopter or have their own 'exclusive' tent where you could pay hundreds to rub shoulders with Bertie and Charlie any more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

The term 'all fur coats & no knickers' sums Ladies Day & The Galway races up perfectly.It has a great knack of collecting the greatest cnuts in Ireland all in one city for the week.
    I'd rather peel my own skin off with a vegetable peeler & then go for a long soak in a vinegar bath than have anything to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Had a wonderfully eventful drive back home through the city last night at 3am. Everyone I drove by attempted to flag me down, one crowd of lads even going so bold as to stand in the middle of Merchant's Road to stop me and then try to get in the car. I drive a two door red Yaris.

Then there was the guy who was twirling anti-clockwise in the centre of the road down at the Spanish Arch who I narrowly missed splattering and ended up only giving a wing mirror into the elbow. Not that he even noticed...

And of the course, the rather amorous couple not far enough down an alley that they weren't visible from the road. His suit pants down around his shins and them going at it like hammer and tongs.

I think I was still choking with laughter when I pulled up outside my place on College Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Every year I am really trying hard to be positive about this "event", but its not working.

"Ladies day" spotlights :

- two girls vomiting almost in the middle of Doughiska Road.
    - group of totally drunk teenage lads kicking road signs and not wanting to get of the road while I was driving.
    - other group drinking and pissing around Briarhill Dunnes.
    - unknown cars with dodgy characters taking parking spaces in housing estate where I am living.

Sorry, its hard to like it really. My family just finished two weeks of lovely holidays in Ireland on Monday and few people said to us "oh sorry you will miss the race week" :rolleyes:. I am sure they wouldnt enjoy it or be intrested at all.
    Live music, Connemara, Aran Islands and killer sheep are way better! :D

Advertisement