Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom

• 28-07-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I have just been on to Pure Telecom and from talking to one of their sales reps I think I have sorted a decent deal, particularly when my circumstances are taken into account.

Currently, however, I am still with Eircom. And with them the only broadband speeds my telephone line can handle is 1meg. It is the same with Pure Telecom. The difference is, with Eircom I am only allowed a 10g download allowance per month, which isn’t suiting me at all as I seem to be constantly going over that amount by at least twice as much, but in fairness, Eircom hasn’t ever charged me for taking this extra allowance but they may do so at anytime at their discretion. But with Pure Telecom I am offered an "unlimited" download allowance per month for and even lower monthly fee, which also includes calls any time to all of Ireland and the UK...with Eircom I only have calls in Ireland.

Problem is I know next to nothing about this company other than what their website (and sales rep) says. My mother, who lives a few miles from me recently switched over to their phone services, she doesn’t bother with broadband and seems happy enough from that aspect. Another thing, if I do decide to go with PT, and it seems likely I will, she will get €50 credit for her phone calls.

Has anyone had any experience with this company, good or bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

pat13wx wrote: »
    I have just been on to Pure Telecom and from talking to one of their sales reps I think I have sorted a decent deal, particularly when my circumstances are taken into account.

Currently, however, I am still with Eircom. And with them the only broadband speeds my telephone line can handle is 1meg. It is the same with Pure Telecom. The difference is, with Eircom I am only allowed a 10g download allowance per month, which isn’t suiting me at all as I seem to be constantly going over that amount by at least twice as much, but in fairness, Eircom hasn’t ever charged me for taking this extra allowance but they may do so at anytime at their discretion. But with Pure Telecom I am offered an "unlimited" download allowance per month for and even lower monthly fee, which also includes calls any time to all of Ireland and the UK...with Eircom I only have calls in Ireland.

Problem is I know next to nothing about this company other than what their website (and sales rep) says. My mother, who lives a few miles from me recently switched over to their phone services, she doesn’t bother with broadband and seems happy enough from that aspect. Another thing, if I do decide to go with PT, and it seems likely I will, she will get €50 credit for her phone calls.

Has anyone had any experience with this company, good or bad?
    does unlimited really mean unlimited? Usually it does not, no exp of this company tho

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

MapForJ wrote: »
    does unlimited really mean unlimited? Usually it does not, no exp of this company tho

From reading comments on other thread on this forum there really doesn't seem to be any such thing as unlimited. That's why in my opening post I used quotation marks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

I work for them as a business develpment manager if you would like more details i can pm you my number ;) i cover the whole of Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

We were with them and as long as you pay the extra 4euro for unlimited downloads you really are unlimited. I remember downloading non-stop for a few days . Usege was over 300gigs for the month. They didnt do anything :D Customer service isnt great tho :/

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

Do they no longer provide unlimited, then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

pat13wx wrote: »
    Do they no longer provide unlimited, then?

They do but i am sure you have to ask for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Mr_Magpie

They appear to be reselling UTV internet. In the last week the speeds are all over the place though. Never really had a problem before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 seanoc2011

MapForJ wrote: »
    Fact is there is no such thing as Unlimited. There is in place a fair use policy with most providers.

in relation to not knowing anything about pure telecom, do you know anything about eircom. They are not Telecom Eireann with a revamped name as most of you think.

check link below.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2012/0612/business/eircom-owned-by-150-lenders-197102.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Biedka95

Guys I have quick question! Currently i have the Basic
    Broadband & Home Phone package which allows you to use only 10GB Usage!!

The problem is I probably went like 2-3 times than that and my question is ! Does eircom gona charge me? If yes how much they charge if used 1G

Advertisement