Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrating 50th Wedding Anniversary...restaurant ideas?

Options
  • 28-07-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi

I am trying to organize a 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner for my grandparents, but I have absolutely no idea of any nice places in town (Dublin). I know there's a few places in Temple Bar, but I'm trying to move away from that, but if it's all that's left then I'll go there.

I am in desperate need of worthy suggestions of restaurants, or restaurants within hotels. But I need to stay within the city centre.

Grateful to anyone who can help, in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You did not mention price.
    IMO Chapter One is the best restaurant in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

It would help if you mentioned budget, number of people, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Sorry, About 10 people, and I'm looking at a budget of about €25-€30 per person for a
    2 or 3 course menu.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

How about Roly's? Not strictly speaking within the limits of the City Centre but not far off it. I've had reports that it can be noisy though, which is definitely a factor to take into account with grandparents.

The Exchange Restaurant in the Westin is nice for that kind of thing, reasonably traditional and you'd be made to feel special. Early bird has three courses for €24.95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't what kind of pricing they have, but the Town Bar and Grill is also nice for the traditionalists. Not a fan of Roly's - they just churn people in and out. Don't understand how it has such a good reputation.

Town Bar and Grill is lovely but €40 a head for the group menu, Trocadaro is out of the budget as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

As suggested, I'd say Roly's or the Exchange. The Exchange might be a little less hectic and the food is great.

Advertisement